Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The recruitment of Tavien Feaster

Default The recruitment of Tavien Feaster

How Tavien ended up at Clemson, from his mothers perspective:

“It goes back to 2010 when I worked the Shrine Bowl banquet. I really didn't think a lot about it at the time because I didn't know a lot about football,” Mcelrath told TigerNet. “I had little kids and I didn't have time for football. A lot of my co-workers knew about the sport and knew about the head coaches, I didn't know much. So they gave me the head table to work that night. I met Coach Spurrier, and I thought it was interesting that people were lining up for his autograph and asking him to sign things. I just didn't know who he was. I was pouring his tea and giving him his rolls, and I said, 'Oh, so you're a football coach?' He said, 'Yes ma'am I am.' And I said, 'I think my son is going to play football for you one day.' And he was like, 'Uh-huh. That is every young boy's dream, to play college football.' And I was like, ok, wow. So I thought he was really kind of rude. “

Undeterred, Mcelrath kept doing her job and moved on to the next person.
    “I went on to the next person, which was Coach Swinney,” she said. “Everybody was telling me that he was the new coach at Clemson and how he was such a nice guy, and he was right from the moment I met him. I asked him if he liked sweet tea, and then I asked him how he was doing. He told me he was doing well. And then he gave me a pat on the back. And then I told him, 'My son is in the seventh grade and he is pretty good in football. He is going to play football for you one day.' Coach Swinney said, 'Bring him on! We would love to have him.' And I said, ok, he is going to play football for you. And now he is.”

The difference between the two coaches – and how they treated a server at a banquet – was stark.

“To me, Coach Swinney was a lot friendlier and he was nicer to me. And he actually entertained the idea about my son playing football for him,” Mcelrath said. “And Coach Spurrier just kind of brushed me off like Tavien wouldn't be good enough. It kind of made me upset.”

According to Mcelrath, Swinney apparently didn’t forget the encounter.
    “On my first visit to Clemson and the campus, Coach Swinney actually told Tavien as a joke that your momma told me you were coming,” she said. “We all laughed about that. Tavien asked me on the way home if Coach Swinney remembered that. I told him I didn't know, but he said he did.”

http://www.tigernet.com/story/footba...ions-top-14419

I guess it pays to not be a pompous ass to folks.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Sounds like he will have to be coddled the entire time. Congrats

"I guess it pays to not be a pompous ass to folks."

Don't really matter if you plan on QUITTING!
    GREAT PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.
    AVERAGE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THINGS.
    SORRY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

SRS GRHRCH UH BOBO MNH
    2009 MID ATLANTIC RETRIEVER CHAMPION
    2009 HUNTSVILLE SRS CHAMPION

HRCH UH WOODY

Just further proof why Clemson's program is where it is currently and why the coot's program is where it is. As she said, there's a stark difference between the 2 programs.
    :FYT:

I read that story yesterday. If Spurrier saying that it's every man's dream to play college football is rude, so be it. Daybo should be careful not to fuss at him too much in his time at U of Clemson. In my opinion, this is one of the more ridiculous stories coming out of cow town, especially considering what happened with the punter in the acc game.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Raid View Post
    I read that story yesterday. If Spurrier saying that it's every man's dream to play college football is rude, so be it. Daybo should be careful not to fuss at him too much in his time at U of Clemson. In my opinion, this is one of the more ridiculous stories coming out of cow town, especially considering what happened with the punter in the acc game.
    No, it just goes to show that Dabo has class and shows respect but will also chew some ass when it needs to be done. Spurrier on the other hand is all about himself and always has been, hence the reason why he quit on y'all mid-season.

It is truly mindboggling how you guys can spin things when it suits you. So Daybo can chew some ass when need be? Does 3 different times and then singling the kid out on national TV constitute and ass chewing, or is it to let everyone know that I was not the one that called a fake punt? Is that class to call a kid out on a halftime report? I don't think so. I just cannot see where what Spurrier said was rude. Especially since Feaster has gone on record saying he was a Clemosn fan his whole life due to the fact he's grown up in the backyard. But whatever makes you guys feel better about yourselves.

So Dabo had a Frank Martin "moment". Dude deserved it...that was a bonehead play, and I imagine that he won't make that mistake again. Its not any one incident that you judge people on, its the entire history. Spurrier was a jackass from the day he arrived until the day he left. I took my son to get his autograph when he first came to Columbia and had a fan appreciation day. He did not act like he appreciated anything, and was rude as heck to everyone that tried to speak to him...never looked up at the kids or said "thanks for coming" or anything. I saw him at Stone Fire grill the other night, and he is still a jackass.

If Spurrier saying that it's every man's dream to play college football is rude, so be it. Daybo should be careful not to fuss at him too much in his time at U of Clemson. In my opinion, this is one of the more ridiculous stories coming out of cow town, especially considering what happened with the punter in the acc game.
    AIrRaid is spot on. The kid's mom has issues.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Sounds like he will have to be coddled the entire time. Congrats

^^and this

Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
    No, it just goes to show that Dabo has class and shows respect but will also chew some ass when it needs to be done. Spurrier on the other hand is all about himself and always has been, hence the reason why he quit on y'all mid-season.
    No it doesn't but it does show you don't have a clue.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-18-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Careful, the jealousy is showing again in some of you.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

No it doesn't but it does show you don't have a clue.
    Typical response from your dumbass.

Wait till coach BOOM gets done with some them kids down at the dumpster fire place. They will be scared to take a leak, much less play football.
    Last edited by DRDUCK; 12-18-2015 at 09:27 AM.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

How is what he said rude, what he said is fact. A lot of kids wanted to play football for Spurrier and want to play college football in general.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Speaking of hissy fits, you coots may need to check on Holbrook it is rumored some ESPN writer had him in tears on twitter yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    So Dabo had a Frank Martin "moment". Dude deserved it...that was a bonehead play, and I imagine that he won't make that mistake again. Its not any one incident that you judge people on, its the entire history. Spurrier was a jackass from the day he arrived until the day he left. I took my son to get his autograph when he first came to Columbia and had a fan appreciation day. He did not act like he appreciated anything, and was rude as heck to everyone that tried to speak to him...never looked up at the kids or said "thanks for coming" or anything. I saw him at Stone Fire grill the other night, and he is still a jackass.
    Let it all out pumpkin, it will be okay......

Its too close to christmas to get in a petty pissing contest with a bunch of taters.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Wait till coach BOOM gets done with some them kids down at the dumpster fire place. They will be scared to take a leak, much less play football.
    I'm just waiting for you to make a complete sentence...
    Last edited by Quack07; 12-18-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    How is what he said rude, what he said is fact. A lot of kids wanted to play football for Spurrier and want to play college football in general.
    It was probably more how he said it. Spurrier has come off rude to plenty of people. He has always been a conceited arrogant prick! But coots will defend a quitter to the death!

I read from a different perspective.

I work in the service industry. Our employees make minimum wage and work hard. It aint diggin ditches but its work nobody else wants to do. On startups and large projects, I along with other senior managers go and hire, train and even work these same jobs.

You would be amazed at how differently we are sometimes treated just by the way we are dressed and our perceived station in life, by our customers and their employees.

But not everyone treats folks different...There are those that go out of the way to thank us, to help, or just to acknowledge the work we do. Those people are great leaders, great people.

Advice, always greet people with a smile. That waitress isnt the one that overcooked your food. That janitor didnt make that pipe bust. Treat everyone with respect and a good attitude. The world is a mirror, you get out of it what you put into it.

I think Dabo is genuinely that kind of guy.

I have a good friend that works with him. He's not in coaching but works in the athletic department and spent countless hours alone with Dabo when he was just a WR coach. He told me when Dabo was promoted that he would succeed. He also says that he is one of the most genuine people you will ever meet.

I am glad he is Clemson's coach.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Dabo is fake, and does it all for the cameras. This is a perfect example.