Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Santee Cooper / Century Aluminum Mess

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    What does Santee Cooper pay per ton, or whatever unit, of coal now versus current market?

They pay CSX $3mil for this train. You do the math. Subtract 3000 tons for engines and empty cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    Again, they are not looking for a discounted rate. Why would Duke Energy give them a discount? Why can our state subsidized utility, tasked for business development, not able to compete?
    Still waiting to hear more about this state subsidy....

Also stock is down to $3.87 from around $30 a year ago.... and they have halted construction of a new plant in Iceland, curtailed operations in WV, and laid off all workers in a "Temporary Shutdown" in October at the Hawesville KY plant....

"Century placed the blame on “Chinese overcapacity and the improper export of heavily-subsidized Chinese aluminum products have undercut an otherwise viable plant.”"

And somehow - you still think this is about power from Santee Cooper....
    Last edited by duckduckdog; 12-04-2015 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

There it is

"Century placed the blame on “Chinese overcapacity and the improper export of heavily-subsidized Chinese aluminum products have undercut an otherwise viable plant.”"
    Duck hunters are fools, all of us. -Mergie Master

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    Still waiting to hear more about this state subsidy....

Also stock is down to $3.87 from around $30 a year ago.... and they have halted construction of a new plant in Iceland, curtailed operations in WV, and laid off all workers in a "Temporary Shutdown" in October at the Hawesville KY plant....

And somehow - you still think this is about power from Santee Cooper....

Eeeyyyyuuuuuppp.

I

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I believe I heard the Senate is going to have some oversight committee meetings with agencies. I hear Santee is in the front of the line.
    I know of one lobbyist that would like to get her hands around Santee Cooper. I don't think she cares for them. Or she is paid not to.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.