Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Old sparkleberry swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post
    I feel partly responsible for the ducks that continue to die at his hands.
    You say that like it is a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You say that like it is a bad thing...
    That boat full of corn I had to load back on his truck almost got the best of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I well remember that story. You secured your place in SC duck hunting history that day...

Great thread to get to re-read. It sucks some of the pictures haven’t made it through.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    Great thread to get to re-read. It sucks some of the pictures haven’t made it through.
    No question, and I agree about the pictures. I read through a bunch of these old ones a while back. Always good to see em brought back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Still my favorite thread

Mine to. Brings back memories. Glad I got to hunt it back in the late70's early 80's.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    The old man just turned 76 and is just as much of a danger to a mallard duck as he was in 1976.

A living legend.
    I was on the phone with Jim Rembert the other day and he was trying to figure out the number of days he hunted this year. Landed somewhere between 74 and 77 days. His birthday is between Christmas and New year and I he turned 74 or 75 this year I believe.
    He rode through the swamp several years ago and said he would never go back. Said it broke his heart too much knowing how it is today compared to the 70's.

Why I ain't been back in along time.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Post duck season bump.....
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Not sure how I missed this one over the years...

Helluva thread

I wish all the pics were still visible.

Quote Originally Posted by We Jeep Inn View Post
    Not sure how I missed this one over the years...

Helluva thread

I wish all the pics were still visible.
    Ain't no lie about the pics. Photobucket screwed a lotta people over....

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Toy is still getting after it...
    I posted this on another thread a few years ago, I thought it was this one but I guess it wasn't.

I was a good 5 miles from the ramp in Arkansas about 5 or 6 years ago (maybe longer) in the afternoon scouting. I wasn't even on a run, I was back in the woods idling through or walking the boat when it got too shallow. I saw a boat coming our way putting through the woods as well and sure enough it was Toy. I knew him, so we sat there in the woods and talked a little while, I think that was the last time I saw him. I'm sure I've been within a couple miles of him sometime in recent history and never knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I posted this on another thread a few years ago, I thought it was this one but I guess it wasn't.

I was a good 5 miles from the ramp in Arkansas about 5 or 6 years ago (maybe longer) in the afternoon scouting. I wasn't even on a run, I was back in the woods idling through or walking the boat when it got too shallow. I saw a boat coming our way putting through the woods as well and sure enough it was Toy. I knew him, so we sat there in the woods and talked a little while, I think that was the last time I saw him. I'm sure I've been within a couple miles of him sometime in recent history and never knew it.

If you could hear him calling or running his motor you’d know it was him.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Love when this thread comes up!

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Post duck season bump.....
    I re-read this a few weeks ago, hate the pics are missing also! Best thread on here.

IMG_0322.jpg

First time i took my oldest to the swamp he was prolly around 6. He was still shooting cripples with the red rider. He thought he was in duck heaven LOL we were up snake creek
    Last edited by Cribbcaller; 02-02-2024 at 10:56 AM.