Thread: Elite Inpulse

Default Elite Inpulse

Shot the Elite Inpulse today, with a 1" lesser axel to axel, and design of the riser. It seems to be a very smooth bow. I currently shoot a 14' energy 32, hence my name, and there was some slight differences but none too deep to switch just yet.

Also shot the Mathews Halon, much smoother than I thought. Nice wall, smooth draw cycle, and not that much vibration of the release. I'm no mathews fan, but they have come a long ways since the no cam.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by elite32; 12-01-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Mathews is all over the place. Ditching the no cam after 1 year shows they knew it would never get the speed it would need to sell. The halon is a no cam with chill cams, and I was underwhelmed when I shot it. But I never like anything under 33" ATA, so i didn't like it before I picked it up. Elite wins in the smooth catagory, but their deep back wall just isn't for me. To me an elite feels like I am waiting on the arrow to let go after I pull the trigger. I shot the impulse 34 today, and I like it, but I like a bow that is sitting on go when I'm all the way back. The 2 new camo options elite offers (kuiu) are pretty slick. Fit and finish on an elite are top notch, but I'd like to see them do something with the cable guard if I am dropping a grand. Hoyt's new offering should be in stores soon. I've heard a lot of good on their new cams. I'm still most impressed with pse's pro line. The decree is the tits, and I can't wait to see the generation 2 of the carbon air. I imagine it will hurt Hoyt in the carbon game. Lots of good bows out right now. Really not a bad choice out there. Pair any of the top end bows out now with a limb driven rest and they are all lethal.

Did Bowtech get the limb issues resolved?
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyeller View Post
    Did Bowtech get the limb issues resolved?
    No. Protigy are starting to come in splintered left and right at my local shop.