Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting flying fish

He said "Dorado"

At least he didn't call em "mahi mahi". That's the politically correct name for dolphin, ya know. Just the mistaken idea that people are eating marine mammals was enough for a mass movement of democrats to adopt that faggotty hawaiin lingo, which isn't sick or rad. In fact, there ain't a damn thing about hawaiin language that doesn't suck.
    Last edited by Fish; 11-19-2015 at 07:14 PM.

BadAss vid and call it what you want.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I've shot them off the bow while trolling. They fly a lot like a quail but they're tougher... I'd recommend number 6's. The pitching boat makes it a bit sportier. It's hard to justify shooting live shit just for target practice but I wrote it off as chumming. It's a hell of a fun way to chum.

Not sure if I ever mentioned this here, but I used to fish with this guy named Earnie. Earnie had a 30' Blackwatch. Awesome little boat. Anyway, we had been trolling in about 150' of water and caught a few wahoo right at dark and then we ran back in a bit to drift some live baits and take watch. So we're sitting there across the boat from each other in the helm chairs and drinking beer and I see this big ass flying fish cruise right into the light and hit him in the side of the head. He looks at me and all seriously like he says, "Michael, why did you hit me in the head?"

I fell out of the chair laughing.

I'd hope that most folks that deep sea fish on a regular basis have done it at least once.
    It's kind of a right of passage

The tiny little fliers always catch my attention. Like the 2inchers. I want one.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Not sure if I ever mentioned this here, but I used to fish with this guy named Earnie. Earnie had a 30' Blackwatch. Awesome little boat. Anyway, we had been trolling in about 150' of water and caught a few wahoo right at dark and then we ran back in a bit to drift some live baits and take watch. So we're sitting there across the boat from each other in the helm chairs and drinking beer and I see this big ass flying fish cruise right into the light and hit him in the side of the head. He looks at me and all seriously like he says, "Michael, why did you hit me in the head?"

I fell out of the chair laughing.
    That's is funny stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.