Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Call Out and Questioning

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    It's not hard to figure out, it's hard to prove. There is a difference.
    Maybe you didn't read my post that you quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Maybe you didn't read my post that you quoted.
    No, I read it.

No, I read it.
    Well it really is that simple.
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.

Well it really is that simple.
    I guess that's why so many of these cases keep getting prosecuted?

I guess that's why so many of these cases keep getting prosecuted?
    You're missing my point. They aren't getting prosecuted because it's being overlooked. The evidence is there in the open. LE just looks the other way. If someone would get the go ahead to "investigate" this, it would be a blood bath as long as the right judge saw it.

You mean, I could have trolled with this little guy during duck season and killed "real" ducks over him? And the SC GW's and Feds wouldn't have a problem with it???

I probably could have trained him to lure ducks all the way to the blind!

Do The Catfish Pond folks need a bonafide "duck whisperer"? Now that they no longer use "natural decoys" they could advertise that they have a "Duck Whisperer"!

Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Lost cause....let it got

The GWs are in in it, but they are a political animal whose supervisor(s) cannot exist with bad publicity....the sort of bad publicity which would result by putting a bug in the right newsperson's ear (that influential are blatantly breaking the law, an simultaneously acting unethically).

Either find the right newsperson or write a compelling editorial. Either way, publicity and bad press are your only routes.
    Last edited by buckfarmer; 11-16-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Where are the Feds?

They've got an office within 10 miles of Rimini.
    I spoke with a Fed on youth day. Very nice guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

No Balls!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    They won't burn their asses, but I bet you if you get caught in a public area with a little bit of corn out, you will fucking pay for it!
    You still whining about getting caught hunting over bait last year.

Quote Originally Posted by usrgce View Post
    You still whining about getting caught hunting over bait last year.
    There was no bait! My buddy was set up, and he took responsibility. I had no idea.
    867-5309

You're missing my point. They aren't getting prosecuted because it's being overlooked. The evidence is there in the open. LE just looks the other way. If someone would get the go ahead to "investigate" this, it would be a blood bath as long as the right judge saw it.
    I get your point. But you have to realize the burden of proof lies on the state. And in this case you can't just show up to court with a video of a bunch of ducks flying around a bunch of other ducks on a pond and prove they are knowingly hunting over tamies in order to shoot wild ducks. That doesn't prove anything other than some guys were shooting ducks. Especially when the defendants are well heeled and well connected members of the community with lawyers. The juice ain't worth the squeeze in this case. It's easier to sit at the ramp writing tickets to every "hey bo" that comes in over the limit on mergansers and egrets.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 11-17-2015 at 07:28 AM.

It's not hard to figure out, it's hard to prove. There is a difference.
    It ain't hard to prove.

Black and white advertisement proves, in the very least, intent to commit a felony.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    It ain't hard to prove.

Black and white advertisement proves, in the very least, intent to commit a felony.
    That published advertisement would be good to have as evidence. I remember someone defending the practice here once. He welcome a live decoys charge and was prepared to defend it in court.

Somebody on the prosecutor's side has made a decision that the case may be un-winnable(sp).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-17-2015 at 08:20 AM.

I get your point. But you have to realize the burden of proof lies on the state. And in this case you can't just show up to court with a video of a bunch of ducks flying around a bunch of other ducks on a pond and prove they are knowingly hunting over tamies in order to shoot wild ducks. That doesn't prove anything other than some guys were shooting ducks. Especially when the defendants are well heeled and well connected members of the community with lawyers. The juice ain't worth the squeeze in this case. It's easier to sit at the ramp writing tickets to every "hey bo" that comes in over the limit on mergansers and egrets.
    I can't tell you how many times someone has told me, "We don't shoot the tamies" and "They just help bring in the wild birds" and "They help attract the ringnecks" and "We kill the tamies at the end of the year when the season goes out, those days are really fun" and my favorite "We have the tame birds for the kids to shoot at" There is piles and piles of proof out there and people willing to testify.

Will someone publish a list of these tamie operations? I can name 4-5 offhand but I'd like to hear what other operations people are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhonkey Donkey View Post
    Will someone publish a list of these tamie operations? I can name 4-5 offhand but I'd like to hear what other operations people are talking about
    DuckTape posted a map of the northern side of Marion with all the impoundments highlighted. I think it was in the "New Impoundment" thread that Catdaddy(maybe) started. It's amazing when you see it on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    There was no bait! My buddy was set up, and he took responsibility. I had no idea.
    Aint no way I would ever take responsibility for baiting.... They better have video of me putting out bait with a time stamp or the glove don't fit you better acquit.

None the less hunting over released birds is hunting over live decoys. Im with Bog something needs to be done, I am tired of the tamie ponds getting a free pass to break the law whole us common folk get raked over the coals for every little thing.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    Aint no way I would ever take responsibility for baiting.... They better have video of me putting out bait with a time stamp or the glove don't fit you better acquit.

None the less hunting over released birds is hunting over live decoys. Im with Bog something needs to be done, I am tired of the tamie ponds getting a free pass to break the law whole us common folk get raked over the coals for every little thing.
    Law says tame or captive. Does not mention released. Defining tame beyond a reasonable doubt would be very hard.