Thread: New Pup!!!!!

Well it is official I picked out my new lab pup tonight... hell of a cute little black male. I am so excited that I don't know if I can wait until Saturday afternoon to pick him up. This will be the first pup for me since 1989... so much to remember. I had a hard time deciding it was time to replace Lady after she passed this spring but I can't wait to start working with Cletus. I trust that I can count on y'all for advice as I start working with a pup for the first time in 15 years.
    One thing for sure I can't wait for a hunting companion, the girlfriends boxers just don't do it for me. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Congrats
    More fuel = more boost!!

Your girlfriend wears boxers? and you rely on them for a hunting companion, as in wear them? Dayum. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Congrats on the pup. Did you get it locally and are there anymore available? I have a coworker looking for a good one for xmas.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

G-belly...
    They're dogs damnit not drawers... but hell sometimes a girl looks pretty good in boxers, depends on her ass i reckon.

There are a couple of more pups, and yes I did get him local. The bitch has papers but the sire doesn't. My buddy has the dogs and knows the bloodline on the dogs... plenty of good genes in 'em. I saw some older dogs from the same bitch and they are damn good looking dogs. He is training a choc male for ducks now and he is doing fairly well on bumpers.
    Send me a PM if you want to know more.

sweet!

I got my puppy this morning and he is about the cutest thing I have aever seen. I do not think he is all that happy to have left Momma, but the bonding process has begun.
    I have not had a puppy in so long that I have forgotten a ton about what goes on.
    He is a little sluggish, infact he is sleeping with his head on y leg as I speak. Is this normal or should he be a massive bundle of energy? [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    I just gave him his first 7 & 1 shot this morning so I am wondering if that is it.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Enjoy the puppy breath while it lasts.They grow up to damn fast. Congrats on the new baby.
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS

bigh pups are often a little sluggish till about 9 to ten weeks. Have fun
    Leadership in Service<br /><br />Dream Big and Dare to Fail..<br /><br />\"And the sky was full of Anatadae\".. Mr. Buck

Thanks fellas... little guy slept most of yesterday so he could save it for this mornin'. Mental note the deer alarm clock sets up the puppy alarm clock. So much for slipping into a deerstand before work.
    Oh well up anyway Maybe Wednesday morning.

Originally posted by Media Guy:
    One thing for sure I can't wait for a hunting companion, the girlfriends boxers just don't do it for me. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Why does your girlfriend wear boxers...
    [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Why are you wearing your girlfriend's boxers... Something fishy going on here... Anything yoou need to share with the group???
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Too early for recycled jokes S&A... you can do better than that
    Nothing new to share with the group... maybe I will expand on the girlfrends boxers at the Columbia gathering on the 15th.
    I think that Cletus might make his first trip to the farm Saturday. He can sleep in the truck for a couple of hours while we try to bust some goats then maybe he can get his first sniff of a dead deer

keep in mind, when he is sleeping he is GROWING!
    student and child prodigy of the "Professor's" duckology!

I have a rather strong suspicion that he will be a horse, his paws are huge. I am so stoked I still can't express it
    If somebody would be willing to help me post a picture I would appreciate it.... can't do it from work due to filtering on web uploads.