Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: swamp work

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and don’t plant corn or it will be nothing more than a roost
    And also I wouldn't mix smart weed with the chippewa and barnyard grass. There will be enough smart weed around the edges.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    I have a simpler version now. 8inch pipe with chain link wrapped around. Also diamond shaped hog panel fence around it has kept beavers and trash out.
    Would you mind going into a little more detail on this or pictures? I am looking to build one. I like your easier concept and would like to go that route. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-19-2022 at 09:54 AM.

i think he's just saying he used a straight pipe and put an exclosure around the end the beavers fuck with
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Would you mind going into a little more detail on this or pictures? I am looking to build one. I like your easier concept and would like to go that route. Any help is appreciated.
    To begin with I used the Clemson design to spec. 10" reduced to 8" pipe.

The issue I had was with the galvanized wire enclosure, using the plastic roll pipe (water hose stuff). My creek is prone to heavy flooding, and their round cage design eventually collapsed. So, I pulled all that off, and just wrapped the intake pipe with galvanized chain link. I didn't secure it in anyway, other than the weight of the pipe. When trash builds up, I pull the chain link off to clean, and then replace it.

Next, I built a perimeter of hog panel and Tpost in a diamond shape, to keep grass out when it floods, and beavers too. I have to climb in there occasionally and clear the mud with a shovel. Once or twice a year. I have 2 setups now like this, about 20 feet apart.

RS Pond Leveler.JPG

I used hog panels to divert beavers towards the traps, they used it for their foundation. It’s a good idea ,but they’ll utilize it for their good. The juvenile beavers can swim through it to start packing mud in pipe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

so, to summarize, he used a straight pipe and an exclosure.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.