View Poll Results: peep yes or no?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I shoot a peep and shoot my bow regularly

37 50.00%
  • yes I shoot a peep and only shoot my bow during the season (not much practice)

24 32.43%
  • no I dont shoot a peep, but I shoot alot and practice often.

4 5.41%
  • no I dont shoot a peep and only shoot by bow during the season (not much practice)

9 12.16%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: peep sight? yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    I shoot a kisser and a peep. Shot with just a kisser for a LONG time and killed alot of deer that way. For some reason, I started getting real inconsistent 2 years ago and added the peep. All things being equal, I'd much rather shoot without the peep as it robs me of 10 minutes shooting light.
    this is what I was thinking about..

Go to a larger sized peep.

I shoot a kisser and a peep. Shot with just a kisser for a LONG time and killed alot of deer that way. For some reason, I started getting real inconsistent 2 years ago and added the peep. All things being equal, I'd much rather shoot without the peep as it robs me of 10 minutes shooting light.

Your peep must have been too small.

I've shot deer with a 1/4" peep up until I can't see them against the ground, woods usually. Pretty sure that's always been the limiting factor for me. I also have a variable sight light on the lowest setting and have darkened the lens with a sharpie. Shot a few deer with it where the pins would have already been indistinguishable against them otherwise. Brighter and it just washes the deer out completely. Only average 3-4 bow deer a year though so it's a once in a while useful tool.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

If your peep causes you to lose 10 minutes of light, you need to change peeps......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

^ or get a better light.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    If your peep causes you to lose 10 minutes of light, you need to change peeps......
    This^^^

No peep for me.
    Been without for 6 years, won't go back either.
    Haven't bow hunted yet this year and may not.
    Hardly shot all summer, but tried a new release yesterday and in the bread basket at 20-30.
    Have a kisser on the string that goes to the tip of my nose.
    Works for me........
    Last edited by Calibogue; 11-10-2015 at 06:38 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    No peep for me.
    Been without for 6 years, won't go back either.
    Haven't bow hunted yet this year and may not.
    Hardly shot all summer, but tried a new release yesterday and in the bread basket at 20-30.
    Have a kisser on the string that goes to the tip of my nose.
    Works for me........
    I've tried tying in a small ball of serving for that same purpose but didn't stick with it. There's another idea for you Dixie.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Just switched to this release..... I like!
    Was using a trufire T style thumb release...

http://www.truball.com/MaXHunter3.html
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Just switched to this release..... I like!
    Was using a trufire T style thumb release...

http://www.truball.com/MaXHunter3.html

Switching to a thumb release was the best thing I've ever done.....
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

No doubt!
    I love this thumb push vs the pull way better.

Meta peep... The big one. I can see my pin after I can't see the deer well enough to pick s spot in the dark.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

1/4" G5 meta peep. Short of cutting the bottom out of a 5 gallon bucket and serving the bucket into your string, a peep robs you of shooting light. Your eye simply can't gather as much light through a 1/4" hole as it can not looking through a 1/4" hole.

1/4" G5 meta peep. Short of cutting the bottom out of a 5 gallon bucket and serving the bucket into your string, a peep robs you of shooting light. Your eye simply can't gather as much light through a 1/4" hole as it can not looking through a 1/4" hole.
    Our eyes must not work the same, my experience with low light situations is the same as dmatheny's.......

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    Meta peep... The big one. I can see my pin after I can't see the deer well enough to pick s spot in the dark.

Our eyes must not work the same, my experience with low light situations is the same as dmatheny's.......
    I'll accept the fact that my eyes suck and will admit my feelings are a little hurt. Not "dr duck argue to the death with everyone,hurt" but just a little hurt.

I've never had an issue seeing through a proper sized peep at any ethical light level. To go any darker I'd need a flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I've never had an issue seeing through a proper sized peep at any ethical light level. To go any darker I'd need a flashlight.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/860...FdgPgQod5HcGqQ

Peeps are just a pain the ass. I despise them and have shot without them for ten years or so. I don't shoot a lot these days but still score well when I shoot the 3d course at the Bowmans Club.

Anchor is easy just pick a spot on your ear, jaw or whatever and make sure the same knuckle tucks there everytime. No need for a kisser or anything else. I do have a small white serving where a peep would go. I just look through the string.

If your a hunter absolutely no peep. If you are a 3d shooter than can carry around ta tool box on the course with ya then maybe a peep.
    Genesis 9;2