Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Survival Weekend

Default Wilderness Survival Weekend

I have been wanting to do a wilderness survival course(s) for a while now, but haven't found the time. Most of the instructors are a couple of hours away, which makes it difficult. But I have been in contact with a couple of instructors who are willing to come here (midlands) to teach a course if we can put together at least 8 participants.

Basically if they come to us, we can request the exact curriculum. But primitive shelter, fire making, tracking and trapping, etc would be the sort of stuff "on the menu"

Anyone interested?
    Last edited by everlast; 10-30-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

do it after duck season
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Potential cost? (I know it depends on number of participants.)

He may need the skills during duck season.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Def after duck season. As for cost, i have messaged him. Originally he said that he would give us a cost when we decided the curriculum, but I told him the cost will likely determine who is interested and who not so waiting on response. I can tell you for a 2.5 day course he offers in the upstate, it was under $200. So i'm hoping for around that number for this if we get 8 and less if we get closer to 12.
    Last edited by everlast; 10-30-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Interested
    G

Don't ever trust government. Don't ever trust this sick society. Don't ever trust that law enforcement can protect you when you need it. -Duck Tape

If be interested
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Lets do it on riverbank at packs. Plenty of us have boats to get people there. Be fun
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I'm interested keep me up to date.

Your local Boy Scout troop would do it for free, while working on their Wilderness Survival Merit Badge.

Have you looked at NOLS. My son is currently doing their Rocky Mountain coarse. I have talked to him twice since August. He says it is incredible.

Tom Brown
    Genesis 9;2

Are you going to drink your own urine? I'll pay good money to watch if yall do that.

I'm interested

Ok, he got back with me last night. 2100 for 2.5 days and we can customize the curriculum. We need a minimum of 8 , max of 12. If we get 12 people, it would be 175 per person. Let me know who is in fo sho.
    -Samuel Adams

-Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Are you going to drink your own urine? I'll pay good money to watch if yall do that.
    i do that anyway
    -Samuel Adams

Good god what credentials does one have that entities that amount of money? My old man taught SERE school for 4 years. I graduated SERE school. Both of us would be happy to show you how to eat bugs and drink piss for way less
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

can you build a 1500 sq ft house with a few branches and and some chewing gum? this guys can. He is also a jedi, hence the $$$

But surusly, you and you dad should go into business. From what Ive found, this type of training is not cheap and the places that offer are few and far between.
    Last edited by everlast; 11-04-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    -Samuel Adams

Tom Brown is the best