Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skinning Pole/Cutting Table

I-beam trolley with an electric winch.

4" OD pipe post, 4" ID drop pipe boom, winch and pulley with either a cap on top or a collar on the bottom to stop the pipe at desired height.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

2 different diameter pipes - the bigger goes over the smaller one.

Weld a piece of channel to the back of the larger one at your preferred winch height with slots/holes in it for winch bolts.

Mount pulley at the top of pipe and at the end of the arm going out to gambrel.

You'll need a diagonal brace supporting the horizontal arm.

I ain't got time to draw it. Sorry.

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I need someone with auto cad.

A simple table, sink far left, (for filets, or bag ready hunks of meat).

In the middle, a table large enough to cut 40" fish, 200lbs hogs/deer, or pile up limits of ducks.

Adjacent to the table on the right will be a skinning cradle. Behind the cradle, the pole/boom. To the far right gut bucket with access to back a four wheeler/pick up to.

I know what I want, but not sure if it will be worth it all in the long run.

Y'all might want to reread this post again. Onliest person on this site who can help BB overthink this project might be SwampRat.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

How much Concrete you going to need?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Boonie gets me. I am half serious, half fucking with my internet friends who I knew would get a chuckle out of this.

I'm using a sheet of plywood over two saw bunks now. Dead critters are starting to pile up. Ready for something permanent.

I know if I do something to "make do" it will become "it". Pipe idea is perfect, I'm sure I will have to bury it to get it stable. Need to tweak some ideas on locking it into three positions.

I've got handy friends who like to fish and kill pigs.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Post number 8 of that thread I posted. If you had a channel across the top you could slide the carcass from one side to the other. I also might know where two stainless tables are similar to what would come out of a grocery store meat department.

Was trying not to build a structure...it would conflict with future development plans.

I'm listening re: two tables...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    I-beam trolley with an electric winch.

^^^ This.

Start in middle, winch up, slide left (or right) lower to cradle to skin out legs. Winch up slide back to middle to drop guts into bucket and to skin. Slide right (or left) and lower to table for further processing. Might need something to lock trolley in place during gutting/skinning.

but this is the guy that makes all his bush hooks look like deep water grouper rigs.
    how do you make your brush hooks?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Boonie gets me. I am half serious, half fucking with my internet friends who I knew would get a chuckle out of this.

I'm using a sheet of plywood over two saw bunks now. Dead critters are starting to pile up. Ready for something permanent.

I know if I do something to "make do" it will become "it". Pipe idea is perfect, I'm sure I will have to bury it to get it stable. Need to tweak some ideas on locking it into three positions.

I've got handy friends who like to fish and kill pigs.
    A couple of holes in the pipe and a pin similar to a trailer hitch pin will lock it into position. One pole will need three sets of holes the other can use just one so you pin through the same hole on the outer pole that goes into the inner pole in one of three spots.

I'll check next time I'm at the folks place

Pole idea has been sorted out.

I kept thinking of sleeving it in a short length up top...but didnt want to climb a ladder to put/pull a pin and pivot it. Duh-huh....make the pivot pole the short one, and the outer sleeve the longer one. Three holes for three positions. Tack weld a small plate for the winch, the winch pivots with the entire assembly and the cable doesnt bind when it pivots. Coat the inside liberally with axle grease so no rust .

Now, we are waiting on Chuck and the Stainless steel tables. You want to go kill some piggies? :biggrin:

You could also make The pivot pole come down fR enough that you could put a t handle lock down bolt. That'd keep you from having to climb up to adjust.

Also since the pivot one will be the smaller one you could mount a bearing race up top and that would make your pivot smoot as butter
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

I like the crane idea, maybe a backhoe too for digging tne gut pile.

How about a robot to just skin the damn deer/fish/turkey or whatever game it is you're cutting on for you sheesh!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Tack weld a small plate for the winch,
    Why only tack weld it? Tacks are temporary.

BB, I still have that big stainless sink you wanted a while back. I might be negotiable on the price.

I got one built, not being used holler if you are interested in it. It will hold all you need to hang.