Thread: 2" rough country leveling kit

Default 2" rough country leveling kit

Not sure if this goes here but wasn't sure where else to put it...

Anyways, just put a 2" leveling kit on my 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71. stock tires are starting to get bald.

What size tires can I fit on this truck now? What brands do yall like? Had toyo mt's on my old Z71 and loved them.

Looking to upgrade to either aggressive AT's or some MT's. This is a secondary truck as I have a work truck I drive now. Mostly using this truck for the farm/weekend travel and use. Not incredibly worried about tread wear, but still a factor down the line.

And go...
    "Sweet, hard to beat cold beer and deer drowing."

Firestone Destination MT's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

i've used the destination a/t for over 100k now...first set got 60k....they're not too aggressive, but those mt's would get a good look if i didn't run so many highway miles

and 285 70 17 i think...guess that'd be a stock size if the truck came with the 2" level
    Last edited by cleancutredneck; 10-18-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Should be able to fit 33s or their equivalent at least. Got 60k out of my last set of trail grapplers and went back with them. Toyo, Nitto, or BFG you will get a lot of miles out of.

Default 2" rough country leveling kit

33's will fit fine. I had the same leveling kit on my 14 and put 275/70/18 BFG ATs on it. Looked good too.

I bought a 15 last week and KRT put that leveling kit on Friday. Haven't decided if or what I'm going to do tire wise.
    Last edited by dfasano; 10-18-2015 at 08:03 PM.

14 Silverado with same kit
    I'm running 33/12.50/18 Toyo RT's. Tread wear has been good so far with 13-14 thousand miles thus far. Slight roar, but nothing compared to a MT. Go get em, you'll be happy
    Go Tigers!!!

Toyo Open Country AT2, plenty aggressive and 60,000 mile tread wear warranty
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

You got a before and after pic?

Toyo open country at
    Bfg all terrain ko or ko2
    Procomp xtreme at
    Mastercraft ct / cooper st

Or those rad Neato mud grapplers (sarcasm)

285/65/18 will fit and not rub at all. That's what We put on the leveled trucks we do at the dealership and what I've got on mine. I've been pretty pleased with my Nitto MTs but may go the Cooper STT route when it comes time to buy new ones. Nothing wrong with the Toyos either, unless you just want something different.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    285/65/18 will fit and not rub at all. That's what We put on the leveled trucks we do at the dealership and what I've got on mine. I've been pretty pleased with my Nitto MTs but may go the Cooper STT route when it comes time to buy new ones. Nothing wrong with the Toyos either, unless you just want something different.
    My coopers wore quickly but the new BFG ATs are sweet and BFG ATs last forever. I got 80K miles out of my last set on my Z71.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

I have Cooper ST Maxx on mine, aggressive for an AT, almost a MT but I'm not real impressed with the ride. SOB's will probably last me 60K though.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I have Cooper ST Maxx on mine, aggressive for an AT, almost a MT but I'm not real impressed with the ride. SOB's will probably last me 60K though.
    Same on mine. Ride is fine though imo. Tire life from what I have seen is phenomenal, especially sitting under a diesel.
    cut\'em