Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ringnecks

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat8991 View Post
    Yup I'ma cyber scouter alright you caught me ......, I can promise you I will not be dealing with all the yahoos opening split around there. I was simply trying to keep your ass from being ripped a new one by guys on here but your choice go ahead post where all the places to you supposively see all this birds I promise you I can careless and I am not dumb enough to give info on birds I've seen on public waters.
    Only person ripping anyone here is you boss. Lot of coastal water in SC. Don't think you can get more vague than that fella did. If you're using this thread to cyber scout chances are you will be far far from "the X" on the opener. Me, I'll be standing thigh deep in a newly flooded hardwood bottom. Know this, there is plenty of water for ducks to loaf or feed in. Find places with acorns, hunt them with a friend, and you'll have a fun opener whether or not you fill your strap.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by surfcock; 11-09-2015 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    Only person ripping anyone here is you boss. Lot of coastal water in SC. Don't think you can get more vague than that fella did. If you're using this thread to cyber scout chances are you will be far far from "the X" on the opener. Me, I'll be standing thigh deep in a newly flooded hardwood bottom. Know this, there is plenty of water for ducks to loaf or feed in. Find places with acorns, hunt them with a friend, and you'll have a fun opener whether or not you fill your strap.

Holy shit really go back and read man. I said originally I wouldn't post where I saw public birds at never ever did I say where or how many or what ever so how in the hell am I cyber scouting please god explain that explains how one cynerscouts by saying I wouldn't post that much info some of y'all are a damn joke man. Excuse me for trying to help I didn't rip his head off but I have seen several times with post like that people get jumped on. Trust me I have my spots I plan to hunt I've been at it for 15 years
    Last edited by riverrat8991; 11-10-2015 at 07:35 AM.

Hey man, you're the one losing your cool, harshing people's mellow, ruining the vibe up in here. Isn't scducks supposed to be a place where we all get along and share in the joys of shooting birds in the face?

You're right about people pouncing on folks around here for less. I do think I read just fine the first time though, but thank you for the concern.

Saw a vee of 50 cormorants flying over hwy 76 in prosperity. First big group I've seen so far.

Back on the topic of duck sightings.

I'm really impressed that everyone is seeing wood ducks in good numbers. I figured with all the water that they would be spread out far and wide. Anybody else think we will see that once some pressure gets put on them?
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 11-13-2015 at 10:58 AM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I think the flood waters are starting to recede and they will go back to the normal holes until the big freezes hit.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post

I'm really impressed that everyone is seeing wood ducks in good numbers. I figured with all the water that they would be spread out far and wide. Anybody else think we will see that once some pressure gets put on them?
    I've been thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post

Probably but I have seen stupid amounts of them here latley

Ours still haven't showed up.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Found about 10 acres of flooded river bottoms yesterday on private land. The river is back down below the banks, so hopefully this water will stay a while. Mostly relatively open hardwoods with a good many oak trees. It looks like how I would imagine an Arkansas flooded timber hole would look. Hopefully there's a duck or two in there. I didn't want to get too close to it in fear of dicking it up.
    Last edited by Drakey; 11-23-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Sounds like a honey hole to me! Water table around here is still high, so even the smallest depression is stil holding water well.