Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GoFundMe pages

he spelled feminist wrong.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by remington869 View Post

"I think I wanna whine on SCD about the things I see on FB. No I will not ignore the stupid shit on there and refuse to stay off of FB. I care a whole lot about the baked chicken dinners with StoveTop dressing and white rice that people had for supper last night. I feel the need to let everyone know that begging for money online is selfish and in poor taste."

sum up this thread pretty well?
    I'm literally trying to catch my breath over here.
    Last edited by Fish; 10-14-2015 at 09:37 AM. Reason: I can't spell even the simplest of words.

remington869 Coots

Sept

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    You joined July of 2015. When have you heard any serious duck chatter?
    He used the search function we speak of all the time....duhhhh

remington869 Coots

But i do appreciate some of the interresting stuff that is off topic, however if i cared for more bitching and moaning about FB topics i would just ask my wife.

Yet you chose to read, comment, moan and bitch.

Ironic. No?
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-14-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Yet you chose to read, comment, moan and bitch.

Ironic. No?
    Bitching about bitching.....haha

Bitching makes the world go round.
    And that 2" space between thighs that shows when a girl wears yoga pants.

remington869 Coots

You have a point there, Glenn.

And sorry to the fellas that were offended that feminist was spelled incorrectly. I probably skipped that course when i was growing up.

So what's the income limit where it becomes no longer acceptable to ask for help and instead pay your own way out of a disaster or misfortune?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you are not very well versed on the current situation.

In our society today, the government (FEMA) will help. This is why Sanders gets a lot of press from the left.
    FEMA "help" will be a joke. Don't count on them doing much to help recover the losses incurred.

Thank you 2th. I have seen so many of these for folks I know. I realize it was a "swift" change and now you have nothing, but lots of these folks can afford to rebuild or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Thank you 2th. I have seen so many of these for folks I know. I realize it was a "swift" change and now you have nothing, but lots of these folks can afford to rebuild or whatever.
    So if you work hard and make good money, save for the unknown disaster in life, and carry proper insurance. Shame on you...

But if you don't carry the right insurance, don't save your money, and don't make much. Well then bring on FEMA tax dollars, gofundme, and all the other handouts and charity you can muster. Maybe if there is anything left over you can get that new 4 wheeler you were eyeing before.

Bernie Sanders would be proud...

Glad to have you back, Toofer.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Bitching makes the world go round.
    And that 2" space between thighs that shows when a girl wears yoga pants.
    Thigh gap is a beautiful thing. Google "thigh brow" if you want to see something even more magical.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    So if you work hard and make good money, save for the unknown disaster in life, and carry proper insurance. Shame on you...

But if you don't carry the right insurance, don't save your money, and don't make much. Well then bring on FEMA tax dollars, gofundme, and all the other handouts and charity you can muster. Maybe if there is anything left over you can get that new 4 wheeler you were eyeing before.

Bernie Sanders would be proud...
    Well the GoFundme accounts I have seen are for folks who have saved, "worked hard" or come into an inheritance...many of whom I know. I just assume "donate" labor.

I don't know about you but I would much rather donate my hard earned money that I don't have much extra of to someone who truly needs it.

If you live in Kings Grant, and are asking others for 100,000 dollars to "restore" your home...I have a problem with that.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Y'all quit dicking up my thread. At least rem869 punctuates properly.

Stripa--i saw that you had commented and, I must admit, I was anxious to hear what you had to say....

Now, I'm just thinking about that 2" diamond shaped area SW mentioned.

Back on topic....I hear what many of you are saying about FEMA and such, but for many homeowners in my hood that didnt have flood insurance, how else do you expect them to rebuild? how do you expect them to get another car?

If anyone wants to help out, come to KATHWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH on Trenholm this satruday at 9am. There will be a crew to walk you down into my neighborhood to help with some demo work or whatever else people might need. If you want to walk down to Burwell and that neighborhood south of lake katherine, I am sure there is PLENTY to do in that area too.

Or you could donate to the gofundme page for the rich people. Whatever you want to do. I just get very frustrated about certain things and I am sure it has something to do with my mental health after what I witnessed ten days ago. I just think its crass to ask for mommy and daddy to be "funded" to buy furniture for their million dollar home when there are truly people out there that need financial help.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one thinks they're ridiculous.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

when I heard that king's grant was flooding, I couldn't picture how that could happen! I have lived most of my life in and around this area. It made no sense. When someone said it was Semmes Lake, it made more sense....but this is a totally different situation (IMO) than the gill's creek area that flooded. They were two separate events.

bb-you aint alone.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.