Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer closure

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bullshit. The officers are working their balls off helping with the flood. This is coming down from the department heads. You really should be ashamed of yourself for posting that, but I am sure that you aren't...
    All of them?

Quote Originally Posted by usrgce View Post
    All of them?
    Even if it's only 50% would it make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    CC will have hard time killing that many cow horns in the morning bunch of killers down there now.

Never underestimate, never!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

What is happening along the Edisto, Santee and any of the other rivers has zero bearing on what is going on on my land along the salt marsh where 28 inches fell and now there is not so much as a puddle. Do what they will if I feel like hunting I will.

I understand wma land around flooding waters but private land that is not affected at all is just bs

I should be good on the island. All the water is gone except main rd.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Nolo Contendere View Post
    A lot of old rusty skinning poles are gonna get cleaned up over the next few days
    Yep.

Every last one of you should telephone your representatives. Better yet, show up at their place of business, or in their state house offices...have your processor do the same.

...and if you are friendly with an attorney, have the attorney draft a letter stating your intent to sue the state for violating your constitutional rights, since it is written into the State Constitution now that fishing and hunting are our birthrights.

Particularly since so many of us have lost so much of our food stores due to power outages.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    I have never know them to shut a county down. That is crazy.
    Me either been hunting 30 years never seen it, but my buddy just call me and said he took a ride in plane today looking from the air at the damage from the water and said the deer were in panic mode

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Every last one of you should telephone your representatives. Better yet, show up at their place of business, or in their state house offices...have your processor do the same.

...and if you are friendly with an attorney, have the attorney draft a letter stating your intent to sue the state for violating your constitutional rights, since it is written into the State Constitution now that fishing and hunting are our birthrights.

Particularly since so many of us have lost so much of our food stores due to power outages.
    Now that is the way to gripe, Gentlemen...

Solid advice if you disagree! Well said...

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    Will trade upstate deer hunts for Impoundment duck hunts. Will be me and another young large fella. Just throwing that out there...
    Ha at the large fella. I've seen him disappear one morning out of the clean air wile duck hunting.
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Quote Originally Posted by usrgce View Post
    The DNR is driven by producing revenue- writing tickets. So if this is to be they will shut down the whole counties to make it possible to write more tickets. The officers could give 2 shits about the resources. Their only goal is writing tickets.
    You so damn silly.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Hey BB,,,have you not seen the amount of area that have been seriously flooded. ... this is the worst flooding that any of us have seen in our lifetime.... temporary closures is not a new concept. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    You stated "all game hunting". So no dove shoots Saturday?
    Was wondering the same. Any clarification here?
    We may need to keep asking this. DT may not check in until tomorrow and by then this thread will be 20 pages long with all the "they can't stop me" crowd and the "it's the best thing to do" crowd.
    I could see DNR including all hunting because officers are tied up with help/rescue etc. Not that I agree with that reasoning but could see them doing this for that reason.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

I agree - I'm guessing a lot of the closure equally tied to resource limitations as it is flooding. I hope not but fear this is the case which does not leave much hope for Dove shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by ricequacker View Post
    Hey BB,,,have you not seen the amount of area that have been seriously flooded. ... this is the worst flooding that any of us have seen in our lifetime.... temporary closures is not a new concept. ..

I dont agree or disagree. I believe that if your home or livelihood is flooded out, that the last thing you need to be doing is deer hunting.

I also believe that we have limits and so long as they are adhered to, then why should the state infringe on our constitutional rights?

My gripe/argument is more academic than it is anything else. I've just seen way too many times where somebody gets all "conservation minded" that dumb shit happens. Much like the recent turkey season changes...and closing the season for a week will stop ~30% of every processor's income in that area, off the bat, (assuming August 15 to December 31, and October being the busiest month of all...)
    Last edited by BigBrother; 10-06-2015 at 09:30 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    Unless you are mailed something, I would keep on hunting. No magistrate would find you guilty. If they don't properly notify you, you can't be convicted with anythjng. All you have to say is you didn't know or request a jury trial.
    You do realize that ignorance is not a defense to a crime. However from reading what you post day in and day out I am going out on a limb and saying you I've learned that lesson the hard way. Happy hunting!

I dont agree or disagree. I believe that if your home or livelihood is flooded out, that the last thing you need to be doing is deer hunting.

I also believe that we have limits and so long as they are adhered to, then why should the state infringe on our constitutional rights?

My gripe/argument is more academic than it is anything else. I've just seen way too many times where somebody gets all "conservation minded" that dumb shit happens. Much like the recent turkey season changes...
    Points 2 and 3 are very sound. I can't find a lot to counter with these. Not to say I don't agree with #1 as well! Still think it comes down to manpower and availability to monitor. I don't particularly agree with this but also see the justification in it as well. Much more than the "conservation" of our resource explanation. Good points...

DT - as mentioned before, please keep us posted if Dove fall under this closure as well.

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    You do realize that ignorance is not a defense to a crime. However from reading what you post day in and day out I am going out on a limb and saying you I've learned that lesson the hard way. Happy hunting!
    There's no law to break! There is nothing in the regulations that says anything about potential season closures. All they could do is verbally warn you.