Thread: bushnell elite question

it may have been discussed earlier on this board, but i just wanted recent opinions on the Bushnell Elite 4200 Riflescope, 2.5-10x50, Illuminated Dot Reticle.
    those with knowledge or experience with this scope (b&l glass) please let me know if its worth the money.
    thanks

IMO I have held my Bauche and Laumb(sp) elite 3000 50mm scope beside 2 to 3 times cost pentax, nikkon and leopold. Even the vari x 3 leopold owner said mine was brighter and clearer in complete dark on full moon..... years ago but take it for whats its worth.... i understand bushnell dropped the B&L name which they were trying to use to show they really had good glass, due to differentation for marketing... elite bushnells are Bauche & Lomb scopes, they make alot of optics... best I can suggest is go to a store where they have them all and dont mind you taking them out back and checking each out... i found that store in greenwood sc years ago and had $500 in hand to by a leopold vari x 3 in hand........... i left with the B&L elite 3000 for $200 less... IMHO if not Bushnell Elite... next step up is swarvarski or zeiss..... save the extra few hundred on the leopold or pentax or nikkon or burris and stick with the elite.... if you want better than that plan on spending $1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

I agree with Rock. My B&L Elite 3000 is clearer than my Leupold VXIII. They're good scopes for the money.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

From what I have seen, the B&L scopes aren't that bad.

Back in the day, when the Bushnell Scopechief line of glass was a decent quality scope, THAT was a good deal. Nowadays, I avoid the Bushnell name, but B&L I would look at.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

DuCabin is offline The KING of no original thoughts!

I think it is hard to beat the Bushnell Elite serious scopes w/o spending triple the $'s... Bushnell $100 trophy scopes are better than alot of $300 ones...

Sportin if you want to check out one 50mm 6.5 x 20 elite 3200 and got a 3-9 40mm on the way right now...let me know..the one on the way has the new Firefly tech. also...sure hope it works as good as they claim..
    \"If you\'re not living life to the fullest just go ahead and die or get with living it to the fullest, now!!!!!\" <br />\"The only thing necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do NOTHING.\" Edmund Burke

A guy I work with just bought a Bushnell Elite 4200 Riflescope, 2.5-10x50, Illuminated Dot Reticle like you are talkin about. I went with him to help him sight it in...I looked throught it and then put my Leupold VXIII right beside him on the bench and I definatly liked the looks of the Bushnell better. My .02

Hey JR how was the firefly techonolgy....seems to work good...where you able to check it out at dusk?
    \"If you\'re not living life to the fullest just go ahead and die or get with living it to the fullest, now!!!!!\" <br />\"The only thing necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do NOTHING.\" Edmund Burke

I have a Bushnell 3200 and love it..
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

Didn't get to see the firefly at the range (around mid-day), but the next day he layed it across the toolbox (around dusk) and I looked across a field with it. I was very impressed with it. I like how you can adjust the level of intensity of the firefly reticle. It really brought the reticle out in low light.

Hot damn...it should be the shit on top of the new 200 yard muzzleloader... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bushnell and Bausch & Lomb scopes are the same thing I believe. Same product.

I have the same or similar scope as Rock's. I like mine pretty good.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Woodie did you mean that your 3200 was better than your VXIII or Vari-X-III? The VXIII is the new model with better light transmission. I have looked through a friends 3200 and my Vari-X-III and I thought that the Leupold was slightly brighter and had a much larger field of view. I know that the Weaver Grand Slam and the 4200 is clearer and brighter than my Vari-X-III though. In my opinion the Weaver is the best deal going for around $300. Check out www.riflescopes.com for good prices.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

CWPINST,

I've got an Elite 3000 3x9x40 and a Leupold Vari-X III 4.5x14x40 that's about 5 years old. It's been awhile since I compared them, but the last time I did I was impressed that the image and brightness seemed better in the Elite.

I haven't looked through a Weaver Grand Slam, the 4200, or the new VXIII.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

aight thanks yall. good to hear valued opinions.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

When I looked through my friends 3200 I did not check to see how clean his lenses were. It was real late in the afternoon. That can make a noticible difference. My 4.5X14's are not as bright as my 3.5X10 Leupold. I can't say enough about how good the Grand Slams are. They really surprized me. They also have the superior Micro-trac system.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.