Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BOB/GHB

Okay, humor me.. as if. If we're going into this all crazy like, will there be zombies? And if so, can they swim or do they behave like they're in the movies? This should be a deciding factor in building RLHBs.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Well, at least this forum will show us who the real crazies are.
    No shit

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Or Bob.

I think the more likely scenario is that there will be welfare recipients looking for food when a computer glitch stops their benefit for more than a few days.
    Last edited by everlast; 10-01-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Socks, a Flashlight, multiple knives, smokes(where I will fit in with the peasants), pistol, bible and an extra pair of drawers..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

funny that you mention fitting in with the peasants. I just sat thru short session with a guy named Dale Stewart and an old, semi-famous explorer, first guy to walk the entire continent Of Africa, paddle the Nile, paddle the Amazon, etc. Says he has been in 8 different countries when Civil War broke out. Says the best way to get out undetected it is to wear hobo clothes and look homeless. Says he always carries old sneakers, old jeans, old shirt that he hasn't washe in 20 years. Says he was invisible, even being white and African countries
    Last edited by everlast; 10-01-2015 at 07:08 AM.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kkrHYHqChlI"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kkrHYHqChlI[/ame]
    Last edited by Highstrung; 09-30-2015 at 03:37 PM. Reason: hot damn that was bothersome

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    funny that you mention fitting in with the peasants. I just sent do a short session with a guy named Dale Stewart and an old semi famous explore, first guy to walk the entire continent Of Africa, paddle the Nile, paddle the Amazon, etc. Says he has been in 8 different countries with Civil War broke out. Says the best way to get out undetected it is to wear hobo clothes and look homeless. Says he always carries old sneakers old jeans ols shirt that he hasn't washed been in 20 years. Says he was invisible even Being white and African countries
    Call it a hunch but I don't see the "bug out bag" crowd passing up a good opportunity to play navy seal dress up if the opportunity arises.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Call it a hunch but I don't see the "bug out bag" crowd passing up a good opportunity to play navy seal dress up if the opportunity arises.
    i just want to take one of those classes where you can get your picture taken rolling around, shooting on your back, out of cars, on hills, in mud, in full special forces attire? haha

No one better go to Hutchinson because that's where I'm going and will do what's necessary to make it mine. Yall can keep your nutrition tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    That is because TV sensationalizes stuff. Those that i have spoken with are more about flying under the radar. If you look decked out in gear after a disaster, people know you have resources and some may try to take it.

You'd be surprised how many people "prep". (I hate that term, thanks to sensationalized TV). Most won't talk about it, so you would never have any idea. But its your lawyer, your IT guy, policemen and firemen. People you would hunt with and have a beer with and never think that they were "weird". Just people that don't want to be caught with their pants down when something happens. And big or small, stuff happens.
    Last edited by everlast; 10-01-2015 at 07:22 AM.

Where the hell are you bugging out to? If you've gone through all the trouble of getting 18 years worth of beans, seems like you'd want to hang around?

And where are you going to be that you don't know how to get home? If the food stamp system goes down for a couple of days, do you think they would make you stay at work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Food stores are only good if you're alive to eat them. If your house is overrun with gangs, terrorists, Chinese/Russian troops, fire, flood, earthquake, etc then that is where the GO bag comes in. Contingency plans. Site B, with more food stores.

Not necessarily to know how to get home, its to know the best way to get home. And you could be anywhere. I will give an example from a book i read, "The Borrowed World". He was in east VA for business, live in western VA. Overnight coordinated terrorist attacks destroyed oil refineries and power stations. Government ordered gas to be rationed to 5 gallons per person, then a few hours later, halted gas sales completely, except official vehicles. Had to walk home. As days went by, and people became desperate, roads became unsafe. He was able to find alternate routes with the maps.
    Last edited by everlast; 10-01-2015 at 08:46 AM.

I read a book one time where a girl was trying to get back to Kansas after a tornado - she was gonna use a balloon, but in the end I think she used some stolen shoes.... Sounds like a pretty similar plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Last edited by everlast; 10-01-2015 at 08:55 AM.

What i want to know is when did emergency preparedness become craziness? I think its crazy to be 100 percent dependent on a fragile "just in time" food delivery system. That makes about as much sense to me as depending on the police to come and stop a home invasion.
    Last edited by everlast; 10-01-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Jan Sport backpack. Black/Grey. Very common looking.

IFAK
    33rd Glock 9mm mags (2x)
    Headlamp flashlight w/ red lens
    Multi Tool
    Fire starter kit
    Solar/Hand crank AM/FM radio
    2 -way radios (2x)
    Life Straw
    Nalgene Bottle
    Camelbak (bladder & hose only)
    MREs, field stripped (3x)
    100' 550 cord
    10' 100MPH tape (wrapped around Nalgene bottle)
    Poncho + Poncho Liner + Space Blanket
    Military map sheet of home + map case, compass, protractor, map pens
    Last edited by walt4dun; 10-01-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    No one better go to Hutchinson because that's where I'm going and will do what's necessary to make it mine. Yall can keep your nutrition tablets.
    i think craig might bring some friends....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

awesome, Walt. Can i ask where you got MREs? Hard to find ones that you can be sure were stored correctly.
    Last edited by everlast; 10-01-2015 at 01:36 PM.

We are gonna need a special super secret hand sign or flag to recognize the friendlies.

PBR can on a stick?
    Genesis 9;2