Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Project: Second Edition

Default Latest Project: Second Edition

Picked up this rig a little over a year ago. Started work on it, but progress has been slow.

I have a pretty extensive list of things that I would like to do to this boat, but time to work on it has been scarce at best. I started with the trailer. The trailer that came with the boat was a Wesco in fairly good shape that was more than adequately sized for this rig. Upgraded to taller tires, rebuilt hubs, new tongue jack, new winch, new trailer bunks, LED lights, and safety chains. All of the stuff that no one really cares about seeing.
    Next, I started on the actual boat itself. First I spent some time scraping all the peeling factory clear coat from the gunnels.

I wanted to open up the boat’s layout so I removed the rod/ gun box as well as the live-well.

Also, found a soft spot that had to be taken care of in the floor. This was due to the installation of the front swivel seat base and had not penetrated the main floor, luckily. Had to cut out all of the bad wood, and replaced it with an aluminum plate that was drilled and tapped for the new seat base.

While glassing this in I went ahead and repaired the spots left by the removal of the gun box, live-well, and numerous other accessories from previous owners.

Next, I sprayed all of the bare fiberglass with gelcoat in order to protect it.

Also, added shark eye LED navigation lights. I started the rewiring process using marine grade tinned wire.

One issue that has arisen so far is a bracket on the tiller that has been stressed over the years of trailering. My thoughts are that the addition of a trim/tilt unit and transom saver will help to eliminate this. Repaired, and beefed up the bracket the best that I could.

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

Cool project

Quality welding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Your welding skills are top notch. Good looking rig, I love threads like this.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Where did you find those led nav lights. The ones I bought have clear lenses and look kinda odd. Mine came in a marpac package. Wish I could have found those.

I noticed that too wd. By the looks of it, those are by marpac but they're the incandescent bulbs. I have the led ones on my boat and they have a clear lens also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I will check next time I get a chance. I may have lied to you
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    The ones I bought have clear lenses and look kinda odd.
    They have clear lenses because all you have to do is put a different resistor in line with the led to change the color of the light it produces. So instead of a colored lens with a clear bulb, now it's the other way around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Nice project! Any updates or pictures of your progress?

Finally found some time to get back on this project. My old post was wrong and the moisture had ruined more than I thought back then. Got started with the itchy stuff Saturday afternoon.

A2967832-0002-4D28-AA81-6AA49C9760AE.jpg

A lot of work to get to that point and a few flap disks. Is that wood original?

Everything you see there is original.

Mine is in a similar point...plus a falls worth of leaves!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Rebuilt the splash well last week.

IMG_4923.jpg

Laid up the stringers Saturday.

IMG_4958.jpg

Cut and installed the new flooring.

IMG_4964.jpg

Also, built a new casting deck.

IMG_4967.jpg

Looks real nice, smart little rig on keeping the flooring down while the glass dried.

Finished up the glass work Friday and Saturday.

IMG_5060.jpg

60832554440__46506313-C0FB-43E8-8B4F-BB1DD36352A3.JPG

Gelcoated the interior

IMG_5074.jpg

Painted the exterior late Saturday

IMG_5088.jpg

Gelcoat work looks great!

All dressed up with no landings to put in at.

Are you leaving it solid color or are you going to stencil it?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I may get you to help me repaint mine when its all said and done. A little disappointed with how my paint turned out. Yours is looking great.

Floor lookin like a truck stop shitter brother Bill...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson