Thread: Boehner stepping down

Default Boehner stepping down

He is resigning as Speaker

Good, get a Rep with some balls in there to do the job. Nevermind, there aren't any.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

"Bye"

I cannot respect a man that cries twice a week.

#byefelicia

Cried like a baby with the Pope in town.

Maybe we can get a real man in there now. He cowers every time Obama lifts a hand.

The NSA didn't care about what was on our phones or email but I bet the NSA and Obama know everything about all 432 members of congress.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Best thing to happen to this country in a long time. Don't let the door hit you on the way out you RINO puke!

Great news! Boehner is an Obama lap dog.

It looks like Kevin McCarthy, R/CA, is the front runner for the spot. His record looks fairly 'clean' from what I just looked at.

New we need to get McConnell to leave. He's just as bad.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

my question is what is he trying to get through that is bad for us before October.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    my question is what is he trying to get through that is bad for us before October.
    Great question.

Here's all I've seen thus far...

Ted Cruz Slams Outgoing John Boehner Over ‘Early Reports’ That He ‘Cut a Deal’ With Nancy Pelosi Before Resigning

Ugh. It is deals like this that forced him out.

Check it out:

Hours after House Speaker John Boehner announced that he would be resigning from Congress, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz added fuel to the fire by saying he’d heard “early reports” that Boehner cut a deal with Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi to continue funding some of President Barack Obama’s most controversial measures.

“I will say, the early reports are discouraging. If it is correct that the speaker, before he resigns, has cut a deal with Nancy Pelosi to fund the Obama administration for the rest of its tenure, to fund Obamacare, to fund executive amnesty, to fund Planned Parenthood, to fund implementation of this Iran deal — and then, presumably, to land in a cushy K Street job after joining with the Democrats to implement all of President Obama’s priorities, that is not the behavior one would expect of a Republican speaker of the House,” Cruz told reporters at the conservative Values Voter Summit in Washington.

The speaker’s office did not immediately respond to an inquiry from TheBlaze about Cruz’s charge.

Read more at http://conservativebyte.com/2015/09/...ore-resigning/
    If all this is true, hopefully the R's in the House will stick it up Boehner's ass and sink him.
    ~ George Washington

Good news but,

Nothing happens until the senate has 67 members willing to override a veto. If Republicans take the presidency then all we need is 60 senate votes.

114th Congress (2015-2017)
    Majority Party: Republican (54 seats)
    Minority Party: Democrat (44 seats)
    Other Parties: 2 Independents (both caucus with the Democrats)
    Total Seats: 100

Senate Democrats are well positioned in 2016. They are defending just 10 seats compared with 24 for Republicans. They have at least a shot at winning back the Senate majority in November 2016.

In places such as Illinois and Wisconsin, Republican incumbents start as, at best, even-money bets to win. And in the case of Illinois, the odds are probably slightly worse.

The key for Democratic chances at the majority lies in landing top-tier recruits such as Gov. Maggie Hassan in New Hampshire and former senator Kay Hagan in North Carolina. In Pennsylvania, where national Democrats have been clearly unhappy with the prospect of former congressman Joe Sestak as their nominee, keep an eye on Katie McGinty, the chief of staff for Gov. Tom Wolf (D).

Republicans have very few pickup chances and have yet to land solid recruits in their two best opportunities: Colorado and Nevada.

Our odds of getting a 60 vote majority are almost ZERO.

That means stalemate in Washington. A Republican President can make a difference in the courts, agencies, foreign policy and defense.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

DT, you make good points, but with Republican control of the Senate right now, there's no reason things like the Iran agreement should have passed. The same with the proposition yesterday(?) to fund everything except Planned Parenthood, particularly when it's known that ALL of that $ half million + is actually "donated" to Democrat members of Congress and Obama each year.

Basically the R's have been kissing O's ass instead of playing any hardball and forcing Obama to veto legislation. They surely haven't been acting like any Conservative I know. Hell, Lipsey Graham and McCain even voted for the Iran agreement, didn't they?
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 09-25-2015 at 06:40 PM.
    ~ George Washington