Thread: High school football and icy hot.

Default High school football and icy hot.

The assault was done by a 4star recruit to UCLA. Hope he losses all hopes of college ball.

. HS football player accused of smearing Icy-Hot in opponents face
    78 Comments
    CBS NEWS
    Sep 21, 2015 2:21 PM EDT
    info

CBS Los Angeles
    LOS ANGELES --A high school football player in California is being accused of smearing Icy-Hot in an opposing player's face during a game, reports CBS Los Angeles.

Angel Salazar, a player for La Canada High School, was playing Salesian High School when the alleged incident occurred. In a video, a Salesian player appears to reach under Salazar's face mask and smear the heat-rub substance on his face.

"Our player came to the sidelines, and he was covered in Icy-Hot. Covered in his face," said La Canada Principal Ian McFeat to CBS LA.

McFeat said they are sharing the video and images with the media so it hopefully doesn't happen to any other athletes.

"That's the kind of substance that if it really got in your eyes, it can do some damage," McFeat added.

Clinical psychologist and Pepperdine University professor Judy Ho tells CBS LA that young athletes will often follow a coach's order out of respect and fear.

"When you're an athlete, you're constantly feeling like your job is on the line. There's always a question of are you going to get to play today," Ho added.

But Ho says, phone cameras are making it easier to document incidents like the one at La Canada. And this incident is nothing new.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

Not condoning the act in any way, but it kind of sucks that we live in an age when a HS kid's stupid act can quickly go global and screw up his future.

Thank God there was no real internet or camera phones when I was young and stupid.

Yea God forbid you be held accountable for your actions

Icy hot to the face and eyes is closer to assault, not kids being kids shenanigans.

Give the guy a wedgie or talk about his mama, but don't rub icy hot in his face
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Not saying he doesn't deserve a hearty ass-whooping, some serious discipline, and a ghost pepper eye-mashie. Just saying that back in the day CBS news wouldn't be talking about it on a 24/7 news cycle.

I could not pull the picture but it looked like a 1/2 tub smeared on his face. The point is these kids are getting out of control. My son threw a block on a kid the other day and it was a good clean hit that opened up a big hole for a TD. After the play he helped the guy get back up. I'm 100% sure what move I liked better. I'm also sure he will play college ball. He is betterband bigger than I ever was at his age, but if he ever pulled some crap like putting icy hot on a kids face and eyes he would never step foot on a ball field again.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

Icy hot in the jock strap, always a hazing favorite

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk