Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Buck tag meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Long meeting. Probably 60% for 40% against proposed bill. We got sidetracked on the depredation permits. Discussion about false reporting, not tagging, and gut shooting. Shooters shine the lights into the woods once and say "nope I don't see it. I must have missed."

Any ideas how to improve the depredation practices? I thought about requiring the shooters to call into DNR an hour before shooting so DNR could more closely monitor wanton waste.
    DT I started a new thread in the deer forum about the meeting. I asked Ruth about this after the meeting. His answer to me was that the hunters have to help the farmers by shooting more does. If hunters would shoot more does then the farmers would not need the permits. Kind of pointless to use that as the answer at this point.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Long meeting. Probably 60% for 40% against proposed bill. We got sidetracked on the depredation permits. Discussion about false reporting, not tagging, and gut shooting. Shooters shine the lights into the woods once and say "nope I don't see it. I must have missed."

Any ideas how to improve the depredation practices? I thought about requiring the shooters to call into DNR an hour before shooting so DNR could more closely monitor wanton waste.
    We (our group not DT) counted 13 different times some one decided to get off of the preposed legislation and divert the conversation over to depredation.

Here is a idea. Lets focus on buck tags.

The "hey bo" was strong with many of these folks!

One poor man couldn't find but 2 of dem dare deer tracks on his property now that these 2 legged coyotes have been hunting. BAHAHAHA

I wanted to ask how small his property was or was the deer on a pogo stick.