Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survival/Preparedness/Homesteading

EMP it's coming, read One Second after

Read it. That's what took this initiative from "someday" to now! If you liked that one, check out The Borrowed World as well.
    Last edited by everlast; 09-21-2015 at 08:08 PM.

Faraday cage

Keep the PMs coming. Go ahead and provide an email address, if you're willing, to add to a distribution list and be able to email the group in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Shit. I was thinking canned ham, but I've been humming that song off of Paul's boutique, i just went with it.
    Green eggs and ham Yosemite Sam?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Yeah that's right, I'm the Eggman.

I'll try to help if anyone is interested in working with small draft horses (we could even get into some basic hoof care) On our farm we use them to drag firewood, small to medium saw logs, plow the gardens and some of the food plots. Also we have made a horse powered corn grinding operation producing grits and corn meal .In cooler/cold weather we could butcher a hog and maybe grind some sausage. I'm not a pro butcher but the results of processing our own deer and hogs pleases us. ( my sons have learned that the fun of deer hunting is over when you pull the trigger!) We'er not hard core prepers, survivalist, or homesteaders ...just trying to be as self reliant as possible

Quote Originally Posted by tsigmon View Post
    I'll try to help if anyone is interested in working with small draft horses (we could even get into some basic hoof care) On our farm we use them to drag firewood, small to medium saw logs, plow the gardens and some of the food plots. Also we have made a horse powered corn grinding operation producing grits and corn meal .In cooler/cold weather we could butcher a hog and maybe grind some sausage. I'm not a pro butcher but the results of processing our own deer and hogs pleases us. ( my sons have learned that the fun of deer hunting is over when you pull the trigger!) We'er not hard core prepers, survivalist, or homesteaders ...just trying to be as self reliant as possible
    I'd be interested.
    G

Don't ever trust government. Don't ever trust this sick society. Don't ever trust that law enforcement can protect you when you need it. -Duck Tape

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by cat III View Post
    EMP it's coming, read One Second after
    There are two types of large scale, devastating EMP's. One is man made (nuclear), the other is natural, (solar). The first can be influenced, the second one can't. I don't know about the liklihood of the first one happening, but the second one is not a matter of "if", but "when". According to the experts like Ambassador Hank Cooper (Pres. Reagan's SDI Director), who happens to live in SC, a large event like the Carrington event normally hits earth about every 150 years. I spoke with him a couple of weeks ago. He said that Solar EMP's are potentially devastating but quite different than nuclear ones. The solar ones are long duration (10-100 seconds), low amplitude, but very high power. It would destroy our grid (long lines) but would probably not fry electronics like the nuclear one would.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Exactly. Not if, when. I think the natural kind is called coronal mass ejection (CME), unless that is slightly different. If it normally happens every 150 years, we are 6 year past due. Apparently, one just missed us in 2012. http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...ul_superstorm/

I didn't know there was a distinction in what they would affect, though. Good to know that CME won't fry solar panels like EMP would.
    Last edited by everlast; 09-24-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I was in the Army signal corps, but the only ham I saw was green.
    You and me both

Has anyone volunteered to teach the tin foil hat making class yet? That's a prereq to all this other stuff, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Tin foil hats will improve ham radio reception. Plus they look good with jorts.
    Last edited by everlast; 09-24-2015 at 09:59 AM.

earthroamer.com

Again PBR can on a stick. REMEMBER THIS
    Genesis 9;2