Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamenelli Lubricant

I am headed to Texas next week. Forecast is mid 20's in the mornings. Last time I went, I had problems with the Benelli not completely cycling. These were obviously heay loads, so it wasn't that. I know there is some kind of after market thing. I don't have time to get it now.

I was wondering if the lubricant I was using just gums up in cold weather. What do you guys use. I have heard somebody say (forget the name, wasn't graphite) a name of a powder lubricant used by machinest. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, what is the after market thing?

Spend the $60 and have it cleaned by a gunsmith...I did and have never had a problem with it afterwards. IMHO a gun that takes the kind of abuse that can be thrown at it will get gunky. The residue and swamp crud will impede cycling.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Probably wouldn't be wise to listen to me because my shit jams up too...but I use Browning Lube Shot. It comes in a can that looks like a shotgun shell.

I'm with you, Ballsack, if someone has a better idea, I'm all ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

Could it be molybdenum disulfide?

We used "Molycote" to coat mostly stainless parts to keep them from galling. It is essentially graphite suspended in isopropyl alcohol. It dries quickly and leaves the black graphite coating that rubs off easily.

We also used a lot of "antisieze" which is also a graphite loaded light grease.

In cold weather, you might want to consider no lubricant at all.

shoot a pump pansies [img]graemlins/gay.gif[/img] ....but seriously, i used to shoot an 11-87 and i had that prob once or twice. i use rem oil and i havent had any complaints with it. i think that jamming shit is just an auto trait
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

FWIW, I've had good success with FP-10 and Militec lubricants. As for the dry lube, what you're looking for is molybdenum disulfide (I think). I believe there are a few different names/brands for it including the one I have called Moly-Z. The stuff is an oustanding dry lube but if your gun gets wet/rained on, you will be SOL. Trust me on that one. I no longer use it on my hunting guns but use it for any auto I might shoot on a clays course. As stated above, you need to start out with a thoroughly cleaned gun.

You guys are on on with Miloybdenum sulfide. Talked to a gun smith and he said he could have it cleaned by tomorrow. Trouble is, truck is leaving today. That means if I get it cleaned, then I would have to fly it out. I am scared shitless to fly it, just for losing it thing. Anybody ever had any problems flying one. I have in the past, and no problems. Just don't like doing it when I have a truck going out there.

I think it is worth taking it to the gunsmith.
    Thanks to everyone that answered so quickly, that is another reason I like this site so much. Hopefully if I get the gun thing worked out I will have some pics for you guys in a couple of weeks.

Flying it is a piece of cake and I have never had any trouble, but I guess there is always a chance involved.

There is also a chance that it could get stolen off the truck on the way out there.

How lucky do you feel?
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

this punk don't feel to lucky

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

The new ones may already come w/ a stainless spring. I sent all 5 of mine back and had those put in. I don't have any trouble w/ mine, but I do clean mine frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Art, did you have that problem before putting the stainless springs in?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

It jammed twice on one hunt, and I can't tolerate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Best way to stop a benelli from jamming is to leave it at home and BUY A X2, it worked for me and it will work for U 2.
    It\'s better to burn out than to fade away.

Don’t sweat flying with your gun. I fly with my sporting clays gun that costs as much as 10 Benelli’s and never had a problem, but I do have it insured just in case. Just make sure you have a sturdy gun case. Can’t help much on the lube other than saying make sure it’s clean to begin with and keep a very light coat of RemOil on it. I won’t tolerate a gun that jams either, that is why I own an Xtrema.

Originally posted by Hammers down:
    Best way to stop a benelli from jamming is to leave it at home and BUY A X2
    I can assure you that an X2 will jam. It is a fine gun as long as it stays spotless clean.
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

send a back-up gun on the truck. your group will need a spare, anyway. make the back-up a pump.

fly with your other gun. it will get there.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I flew if my gun about two weeks ago.No problems with the gun but they destoryed my new case.I agree with Candor,get a good case.

A good case is really important. Preferably not a plastic one. I have flown to Kansas twice and never had any problems. I hope to be flying to OK in about 3 weeks.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

Thats odd.My case was metal and the other case that was totaled was metal lined.The only case that didn't have any damage was the pastic one.

I always have used a plastic case when flying. Never had a problem with it, but I can see where someone would get screwed by the airlines and get their gun damaged. I am on atleast 10 flights a month, at times up to 30, and I go through a checked bag every 6 months due to damage. It doesn;t matter what airline you fly, they are all overwhelmed and beat the shit out of everyone's stuff. I saw a man in tears in California two years ago because his golf clubs were crushed on the way out. Poor bastard was going to play Torrey Pines for two days for free. If you're shit is damaged, go immediatley to the customer service desk and ask for the head person in charge, STAY CALM, and clearly state the damages in monetary terms. Do not accept no for an answer. They have people at each terminal who are authorized to deal with your claim, and once you get to them you can come out on the high side. Just don't threaten anyone with anything. Airports are sensitive places these days. Trust me. I got caught with a bullet, a keychain leatherman, and a gerber skinning knife all in one pop one morning three years ago in Indy. I almost had to call the wife from the airport jail. Thank the Lord the white cop that was over the TSA guys was a hunter. I was white as a sheet. Be sure and check that kind of shit at the gate. And keep the ammo in it's original case.