Thread: Ruger .44 Carbine

The one I shoot has the original sights on it. I have a lot of trouble getting down low enough to line up the sights without a lot of adjusting... it is not like any other carbine I have. Has anyone ever put new sights on one of these? What options do I have besides a "scope?"

Thanks
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

You might want to consider a Williams receiver sight. I like 'em, and they probably make one that will fit your existing dovetail.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Swampie... I think I figured it out. The one I use is the "Fingergroove Sporter" and has a Monte Carlo stock... which sits high with me.

I took out the "Standard Carbine" and it points where I aim it. I may switch over and shoot the other one.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

BTW... The "Fingergrove Sporter" is now for sale. It is worth more as a collector piece, but I can't shoot it.
    Will Rogers