Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Duck Impoundment.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    Man fuck another impoundment, I wish shit heads would dump this much money into improving public hunting opportunities instead of building their own little corn pond. I am a broke ass and I still dump as much as I can into improving public water ducks, too bad the white collar folks see it differently. I am sure DU probably helped with construction.
    what do you dump? corn?

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    It's going to be a hell of a club for sure.

If the impoundment craze would spread to the south side of Marion, we would hold more ducks than you could imagine.
    Bog - the impoundments are there they are just full of pet ducks. Seems every year I hear of a few more digging impoundments....then announce they got a bunch of mallards, err pets. The old Bulls Bay (Cat fish farms) in Marion has been bought, once again, and they are in the process of digging an ass of new impoundments and diking more green timber. Guy is sinking a lot of equity into it already. It'll probably be another release operation although I'm holding out that this doesn't happen.

"Don't shoot the mallards"...

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    Bog - the impoundments are there they are just full of pet ducks. Seems every year I hear of a few more digging impoundments....then announce they got a bunch of mallards, err pets. The old Bulls Bay (Cat fish farms) in Marion has been bought, once again, and they are in the process of digging an ass of new impoundments and diking more green timber. Guy is sinking a lot of equity into it already. It'll probably be another release operation although I'm holding out that this doesn't happen.
    Ive hunted that place and it was sight to see no doubt. Crazy the number of ponds and the green timber was extensive. If managed properly I can see where a place like that would be beneficial.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

I remember walking the catfish ponds when they first started bringing in stupid ducks, I was working. I remember kicking ducks out of the way so I could get my truck around the ponds. It's pretty damned disgusting that someone could call that hunting.

I don't think there's enough "must be nice" comments for this thread to fizzle out yet.

Must be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Build it there and they will not come.

Has to be a release project.

Very nice piping set up. He's spending some jack.
    Look where a straight line from Wateree to the refuge goes. I saw swans flying that exact line a couple of years ago. Probably a release operation, but there is enough critical mass of ponds on that side of the lake that it does not need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    isnt there a bull bay catfish farms next to Marion(the town) that has been turned in to impoundments also?

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    Look where a straight line from Wateree to the refuge goes. I saw swans flying that exact line a couple of years ago. Probably a release operation, but there is enough critical mass of ponds on that side of the lake that it does not need to be.
    I don't see it as being in that line. Closer to the lake would have been a better choice, if I had that type of money. Looks like he's pumping it with well water or Clarendon county water.

Must be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    "Don't shoot the mallards"...
    Pfffft....good luck with that.

My friend told me there were a couple of Bo's from Summerville at a landing on Friday morning. Four woodducks flew over and the loud mouthed one promptly identified them as teal.

Saw him again on Saturday and he asked "what kind" we shot. Well, we shot teal. "What kind", again. Umm, blue wings...cause that's what's here this time of year...

No Bo, my buddy shot a banded greenwing yesterday. I thought about asking him if he had a picture just to mess with him, but I really wanted to get as far away from them as possible.
    Last edited by Fish; 09-14-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spelling is a problem

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

must be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I don't see it as being in that line. Closer to the lake would have been a better choice, if I had that type of money. Looks like he's pumping it with well water or Clarendon county water.

Must be nice.
    2 eight inch wells.

#cementpond

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

What are the red and orange ones?

Under construction
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Pfffft....good luck with that.

My friend told me there were a couple of Bo's from Summerville at a landing on Friday morning. Four woodducks flew over and the loud mouthed one promptly identified them as teal.

Saw him again on Saturday and he asked "what kind" we shot. Well, we shot teal. "What kind", again. Umm, blue wings...cause that's what's here this time of year...

No Bo, my buddy shot a banded greenwing yesterday. I thought about asking him if he had a picture just to mess with him, but I really wanted to get as far away from them as possible.
    I've killed several greenwings in September.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I hope the lake goes dry
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Under construction
    Who is doing the ones on St Philip UME Road?