Thread: winchester 1300

has anyone ever had any problems with their 1300 pump? i need to get a new gun, probably a pump, and was wondering if any of yall had any problems with it.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Is that the speed-pump?
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

I'VE OWNED 2 loved both, the 1st got stolen when crackheads invaded when i lived in hartsville. still have the 2nd one. regular wear AND TEAR stuff but no real problems. its a real good inexpensive gun, to this day if my son goes and i can't, he'll take it and leave his 870 at home.
    Well, I\'m not a gynecologist but I\'ll take a look.

shotunderit, this is the speed pump

spider, ive looked at them and love the way they fit me but was just wondering if anyone had any problems b/c i hear everyone on hear talking about how much they love their 870, and have never heard about the 1300. but now i might just have to go out and get me one
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."

I had 2, a 12 ga and a 20 ga quite a few years ago. No trouble with either. Good inexpensive guns, but if you are looking for a good pump at a resonable price, look at the Benelli Nova. The only trouble with the Nova is that you can't adjust the stock to fit you, but it is a great pump.
    TheHawg

Ziggy I have always been intrigued by that model but I have never had the opportunity to examine one.Concerning the 870, it has been around since the 50's and LOTS of folks(I have a 12 and 20)own them.Their reliability is well documented.I prefer the 870 over the Nova but that is subjective. You need to handle these models and purchase what is right for YOU.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

I've got a 1300 that I have had for 13 years now. NEVER had a problem with it. Does not shoot 3 1/2 inch shells, but that does not matter. I love it.
    Speaking about the Nova, I won one the other night at a DU banquet. Picked it up Saturday afternoon, took it goose hunting Sunday morning, and I hate it. Loose slide, feels cheap, and just plain ugly. That's my opinion. I think I will be giving it to a good buddy of mine who is expecting his first child soon. I just want that POS out of my house.
    The 870 is an excellent choice as well. Could never go wrong there either.

I agree that the Nova feels loose, but so does the 1300. I fell last year and had to use the Nova to push myself up, burying it into the mud. Went back to the kayak and took the gun apart right there. Cleaned it out and it shot without flaw. It is a great, easy to work with gun. It is plastic and feels funny to us old guys who are used to wooden guns. It shoots well, just takes some getting used to.

I have owned Winchester 1300's, Nova, Browning BPS, and 870.

I liked the BPS best. It is tight.
    The 870 I had jammed very often. I'm sure it was just this particular gun, judging by how everyone loves them.

I have converted to over/unders now and love them. I don't like autoloaders.
    TheHawg

thehawg, i looked at the bps shotguns. the big concern i have is that i do a lot of turkey hunting in april, and i was looking at the mossy oak break up shotgun. with the truglo sights on it i dont know how well id be able to shoot ducks though. do you know if you can take them off? i would put the website on here as a hyperlink but i have no idea how. just go to browning. com and click on the bps shotgun. it's the first shotgun on the page.

I've got a 1300 and an 870. I use the 1300 turkey huntin, it's an NWTF gun from'89, and I use the 870 duck huntin. The only problem I've had with my 1300 is the ejector broke (the little piece that grabs the brass edge of your shell), had the $5 part replaced and it's been great ever since. I like my 1300, it feels good and it shoots good, I like my 870 also and either one would do you good.

Ziggy,
    I don't think you can shoot ducks with that turkey sight on your gun. Also I think the turkey guns are shorter.
    TheHawg

ziggy, I have hunted the last two years with my m-1300, both ducks and deer. No problems as of yet.