Thread: ruger triggers

Does anyone have experience replacing the trigger in a Ruger M77 MarkII? I understand that the only way to lighten the pull on the factory setup is to buy a new adjustable trigger. I have found sources for these, but don't know if this is a pretty simple boltup. Any help will be appreciated.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I had mine replaced with Timney (sp) triggers. It makes all the difference in the world. I did this on a 308, a 223 and a 22 mag. Of course, I am assumming you are talking about a newer Ruger as the old tang safety models have adjustable triggers. Be sure to get an experienced individual to do the work. If you are around Columbia I can recommend a few.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Go see Ronnie Cox on Woodruff Rd. in Greenville. He is just right down the road from you. He does great work and is a very dependable gunsmith!

Thanks for the info. I have talked to Ronnie Cox, but I thought I might do the work myself if the job doesn't take much "skill". I can buy the trigger for about $60 - he'll do the job for about $150 (parts included). It's starting to sound like I'll just let him do it. [img]graemlins/2ar15.gif[/img]

The adjustments needed for a trigger are not something a novice should be screwing with. I am assuming you have never worked with a trigger before, or even a little bit. I would be real insecure knowing someone was hunting with me that had done his own trigger job. And chances are the gunsmith will do a better job than you would know. You would probably end up with a trigger with little or no creep, crisp and, above all, safe. Unless you are experienced, do yourself a favor and use a gunsmith for this job.
    I watched the gunsmith9now deceased Dick Glenn) do the job on all of my guns that he worked on and I still would not attempt the job. Good choice on letting the gunsmith do it. Let us know what difference it makes.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

10-4 Will Do!