Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scent killer

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Ozonics, rubber boots and hunt the wind..
    This

Kind of silly some of the stuff we do to be scent free but I think anything you can do is better than nothing. However if you don't hunt the wind you might as well stay home.

I wash cloths in the silver and DDWind stuff
    Bathe with it.
    DDW deodorant
    Pine or cedar branch in tub with camo.

Wash clothing and let air out outside every 3 hunts.

Again all for nought if you don't wear rubber boots and hunt the wind.
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

I use pine needle extract. It smells less like solvent than turpentine or gum spirits. I buy it online from those hippie aroma therapy sites. I think it can actually block a deer's ability to smell.

Bud Light

I hunted a new stand yesterday after work- a stand I set up for my grandkids with a 20 gage- I wanted to see what would show up.
    I changed my shirt, hat and boots, wiped down with an unscented baby wipe, sprayed down with scent away in the yellow/white bottle, put red fox urine on my boots, started my thermacell and set off to my stand.

got to the stand and had to whistle to get the deer off the corn pile, climbed up, put on my mask, gloves and pulled up my rifle(mini 30) sprayed more fox urine on the branches around me, looked down and the deer were already coming back out on the corn.

I watched deer from 5:23 until full dark with a swirling wind and they never blew or spooked, I had to whistle them off the corn to climb down.

this stand is on a new lane cut through the woods, about 15' wide and a max shot of 50 yards from my ladder stand. Mature does, yearlings, fawns and 3 bucks spent about 3 hours an average of 30 steps away.

biggest problem I had was keeping my glasses from fogging up in the heat and humidity

I think some of ya'll overthink the whole scent thing.

I eat in the stand, drink beer sometimes, pee off the side always and stay covered up with deer, all on a club that has run dogs since 1956.

I also was texting and sending pics of the deer.

Default Scent killer

Ive killed 3 deer out the stand with a marlboro in my left hand. I have since quit smoking and take still hunting alot more serious and use 3d deodorant and spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sut; 08-19-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Hunt the wind, rubber boots, clothes in tub, only wear in woods, make my own scent killer, shoot every old ass nanny doe you see. Treat them bitches like coyotes. They will bust your tail in a second.

Learn to shoot and hunt far enough away that it doesn't matter if you have a tuna fish smelling hooker sitting on your lap.

Let a cat pee on them.

I wear rubber boots and spray them before I walk in. Other than that, if a deer is down wind of you, you are in trouble. I am interested in this ozonics thing. My dad has stocked them at Simpsons this year because he has had a bunch of people who have no dog in the fight swear by them. We shall see.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

My father in law drinks beer and smokes cigarettes n his stand, but plays the wind..... Still kills nice bucks each year.... Don't be to too worried about scent killer, it does help, the WIND is the main factor. Good luck