Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: best all around shotgun

Originally posted by Ducktail:
    Fish, I have read that myself somewhere recently.
    Alright. Where did you read it?

I wish I could remember. Older age is setting in. The article was about a lot of pumps and talked about Remington's progression from a pump milled out of a block of metal to the stamped 870. I will be on the watch out.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Originally posted by Sportin' Woodies:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> extremely inexpensive and it will not fail
    are you being serious with yourself? </font>[/QUOTE]Yes My friend got an 870 for christmas the next weekend my mossberg fell in the water and his remington fell in the water the remington wouldn't fire and mine was still going strong.
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

mossburg sucks...

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] and going and going and going...
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

SCTIMBER Coots

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] instigator [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] this one needs to continue until turkey season this shit is hilarious

I dont have a thing to prove or disprove to you Fish.
    If you still have the mishap I caused in the deer forum stuck in your craw, take an estrogen blocker and sleep it off.

Mr. 870
    The 50 Best Guns Ever made
    And the author of that article knows more about guns and shooting guns then you ever will, Period!! The guy has fired millions of rounds through 100s of different guns!!

Do this, contact Jim Carmichel and ask him about his thoughts on the 870, and other guns. I am sure he will give you some sound and sage advise.
    Iv done enough for you - you figure out who he is and hoe to get a hold of him. If you are .25% as smart as you are a smartA you can do it.

There is a rather large resource of material that you can check out, read on line and buy to lend credence to my post. I dare you to go see for yourself. That means you'll have to stop playing the bad guy on the internet and go do some work.

Oh, and check this out .......
    Remington Comes up Big in Magazine Survey

Survey conducted just last year, less then a year ago.

"BEST" can be determined by a variety of people in a variety of ways.
    For me Best means it goes bang every time I pull the trigger - has never failed me. And, I did not have to put up a 3rd mortgage to obtain one.
    For others it may represent what it meant in terms of gun production or history.
    Dont be SO stupid and ignorant and ready to pick a fight you cannot grasp and understand this short simple concept.

Yea, lets keep this one going, now that Im here to lends some chaos, confusion and strife!!

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Arguing over the merits of an 870...........Good Lord, it must be a slow week. They ARE a great gun, big deal! If you can hit what you are shooting at, who cares what you are using? BTW, Fish is pretty decent at hitting what he is shooting at.....and he shoots, as we used to say in Hemingway-"one of them there I-talian guns".
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Has anyone mentioned a Wingmaster?

I aint arguing over the merits of any gun.
    Go see my post from 2/18 @ 11:33AM; "If you cant hit what you aim at, it dont matter what name is on your gun, how much you paid for it, how much ft lbs of energy is generated or what the velocity is."
    Summed it up right there!

Going out on a limb here, but the Browning BPS top em all...
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

mossberg
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

SCTIMBER Coots

A Franchi is better than any 870 ever made

Not that I personally know this or have ever shot one, I just think its funny as hell ya'll are keeping this thread going, so let the shit continue to fly....

A-5 Browning. End of story.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

A-5 sucks, take it to the pawn shop. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]