Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Montana trip

For outright stupidity, you may have just surpassed Pine Island...

Great pics, I was near Glacier Ntl Park last September for 2 weeks- absolutely loved it! I have an itch to move out there for a couple years

Quote Originally Posted by JHampton View Post
    We stayed in paradise valley, below Livingston. Pics to come, had a club workday today

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I was out there last year doing a little fishing on the Yellowstone.

If I was rich I would love to spend July-October in big sky country. But given one choice I'll take the lowcountry as my home and visit out west as much as I can.

Nice fishes!

I love SC but lets get real. lets run down the list of things that we suck at.
    Ducks = Defiantly in the top 5 worst states
    Deer = sure we have a long season but true trophy deer don't come from this state
    Other big game = oh wait we don't have any
    Inshore saltwater = easily bested by NC, FL, AL, MS, LA and TX
    Offshore = I love making a 40 mile, it is way better than making a 5 mile ride. Boats are cool
    Freshwater fishing =nope TX, FL, GA, AL all smoke us for bass/bream and I don't have time to list all the states that smoke us on trout.
    Turkey = The one area we are decent but still no where near the top
    Upland birds = nope
    College football = yeah right
    pro sports = don't have a single pro team.
    I was born and raised in Charleston but lets be realist here, we are not winning in any category.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Griffin,

You're 100% correct in your assessment; I've fished here twice since I got back and there's no comparison, none, not even a little. My home is SC, but MT is the most beautiful sportsmans paradise I've ever seen. I'm planning to take a trip to the upper Midwest to hunt deer next year and I'm afraid it'll do the same for deer hunting that MT did for trout fishing. I'll still go, but be daydreaming of other places.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Where is the fence keeping all of yall in here?

I remember my first beer, lol...

I sure wish we could cut some fucking trees down around here.....
    cut\'em

Nice pics!

I need to head up that way. I want to fish the snake first though.

SC is my home, never knew how much I loved it until I wasn't here. Did a couple years away and fought hard to get everyday. Now that I am back I won't be leaving any time soon good lord willin.

But Montana is gorgeous, planning a trip there as we speak!
    Last edited by MorningWoody; 08-10-2015 at 08:00 AM.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Great pictures J. Really enjoyed the panoramas and looks like the fishing was good too. Thanks for posting.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

hows the inshore fishing in MT? Offshore?

You people suck at enjoying what you DO have. You want to kill a 200" whitetail? Go far away and have someone put you in a ground blind over a pile of hay. Sooner or later, a saskatchewan bruiser will come by. You can shoot him and mount him and put him on the wall to tell all your friends what a great hunter you are.

OR

You can find a good deer on your place and actually HUNT him. I get more satisfaction out of killing a good deer IN MY AREA rather than killing someone else's big buck.

Same for the duck hunting. You think it sucks here? Look again. Look harder.

and damn Griffin. Is a 50 trout day in SC not good enough to make you happy? Would a 200fish day in LA make you a "better" guide?

If you want to set your bar so high that SC's outdoors cant reach it, bully for you. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I love SC but lets get real. lets run down the list of things that we suck at.
    Ducks = Defiantly in the top 5 worst states
    Deer = sure we have a long season but true trophy deer don't come from this state
    Other big game = oh wait we don't have any
    Inshore saltwater = easily bested by NC, FL, AL, MS, LA and TX
    Offshore = I love making a 40 mile, it is way better than making a 5 mile ride. Boats are cool
    Freshwater fishing =nope TX, FL, GA, AL all smoke us for bass/bream and I don't have time to list all the states that smoke us on trout.
    Turkey = The one area we are decent but still no where near the top
    Upland birds = nope
    College football = yeah right
    pro sports = don't have a single pro team.
    I was born and raised in Charleston but lets be realist here, we are not winning in any category.

You missed one category

Number of Ohio transplants= SC Wins by a landslide
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I love South Carolina, and I'm happy that my forefathers made the jump here in 1670. I contain no Norweigen blood. I dare to say that I'm not built to live life to it's fullest in a climate as bleak as it is up there. They have actual winter. My desires of warm weather hits as soon as I shoot my last duck of the season. I personally detest wishing away any day, but sometimes I'd like to put a little bump on the solstice. I think some of you look over the options of what private opportunities we have here in our great state. Along with some of the public, we contain the best of at least my needs.

Nice pics though, and thanks for sharing, sorry that I didn't mention that earlier.

It's human nature to take what you have for granted till it's taken from you. MT is a beautiful place and I'd say Paradise Valley is appropriately named from the places I've been upstream and pictures I've seen of the area.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I'm moving west. It is just a matter of when. SC doesn't have shit on any of the rocky mountain states. Sorry boys
    I got the grandparents now to be close to.. I guess give it 20 years

Y'all took it the wrong way. I am from here and live here by choice but lets be real SC DNR and the outdoor legislation in this state is completely fucked. for example.
    1. Thumb through the bottom fishing regs and get back to me
    2. why the fuck does NC have better trout/redfish than we do? a southern state maybe I could understand. but NC?
    3. Quality deer management......... yeaaaaa....... ummmmm......
    4. ahhh yes the santee cooper fiasco and the utter tainting of 2 of the most beautiful lakes on earth.
    5. "I swear coyotes wont have any impact on the deer heard.

People need to wake the fuck up and stop seeing SC through rose color glasses. We are not an awesome outdoor state because WE fucked it up. Damn near every Yankee state does better job for their outdoorsmen than we do. Time to realize this and work harder to fix it instead of pretending like we are awesome. Otherwise our kids will have it worse than we do.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.