Thread: H&K USP .45

I just bought the full size model USP and it is sweet! My only complaint is, that when the clip is fully loaded, the 3rd bullet in the clip rattles around. I have two clips and they both do this. With only 11 rounds in there, it doesn't do it, but when I put the 12th in, you can see it shaking back and forth in the clip. Anybody have one and have this problem? I guess it is no big deal except you hear a rattle when you shake the pistol with the clip in it fully loaded.

First off, congrats. Most importantly though, you don't have "clips" anywhere on/near your pistol. It uses magazines. It's a common misnomer; clips actually feed magazines. Garands have internal magazines that are fed by using clips. AR-15's also use clips to load into external magazines when are then inserted into the receiver. Here's what a clip looks like:

Anyway, I don't have the .45, but I do have a 9mm. I have no problems with a rattling round; however, I have heard of this happening with various other handguns and it is really no problem. By the time that third round moves up, it straightens out and is fine. My suggestion, don't shake the gun and you won't know there's a rattle.

Enjoy it! I'm a huge fan of the .45, but I already had a Sig P220 and five 1911's when I got my USP, so I decided to go with the 9mm since I have fewer pistols chambered in that caliber.