Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Man shoots drone for "spying"

You got jokes today.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    I had my dji phantom out past 1/2 mile before at the farm. That was as far as I was willing to push it.
    Thanks for that info, Chuck. Apparently the source I quoted above your post is wrong.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    They need to be in sight of pilot. The WiFi from the controller and the Go Pro WiFi will confuse each other if you attempt to fly by phone/computer,etec.

Hovering low in backyards points to being flown out of sight from pilot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    No, they dont have to be in sight of the pilot. Not sure where your info is coming from, but wifi isn't involved on most quadcopters. Mine uses 2.4ghz for the radio and 5.8ghz for the FPV. If you look up FPV, you'll see you dont need to be able to see the quadcopter.

Guys are also using 1.3ghz, 900mhz, etc.

However, because of how the wireless works, the connection on your tx/rx or your vtx/vrx may be limited if there are trees or buildings between you and the toy.

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    No, they dont have to be in sight of the pilot. Not sure where your info is coming from, but wifi isn't involved on most quadcopters. Mine uses 2.4ghz for the radio and 5.8ghz for the FPV. If you look up FPV, you'll see you dont need to be able to see the quadcopter.

Guys are also using 1.3ghz, 900mhz, etc.

However, because of how the wireless works, the connection on your tx/rx or your vtx/vrx may be limited if there are trees or buildings between you and the toy.

I was going to buy one to use with my Go Pro but after researching have put it off for a while. I want to fly one by monitor screen as well as looking at the drone.

http://www.photographybay.com/2013/0...s-and-cameras/
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 07-31-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Get the phantom 2 vision plus. It's way better because you don't have worry about the sound being recorded on the go pro.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

...Fuggin perverts!
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I was going to buy one to use with my Go Pro but after researching have put it off for a while. I want to fly one by monitor screen as well as looking at the drone.

http://www.photographybay.com/2013/0...s-and-cameras/

If you're handy with electronics, look at building one instead of the dji.

I can mount the gopro on mine but have a set of goggles and camera on the quad to fly in fpv.

Whoop
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!