Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polaris Ranger 570 vs. 900

Default Polaris Ranger 570 vs. 900

Is the 900 really worth the $3k extra. It is safe to assume that with the 900cc's you will get better top end speed but not much more? Also heard that the seats get hot on the 900 as the engine is under the seat vs. not under the seat with the 570.

If anyone has any experience with this your input is appreciated.

Thanks.

If you buy a 570 you might not feel like it, but you will be inferior.

I have the 570 crew. It is the one that seats 4 instead of 6 so that I have a tighter turning radius.
    I bought it over the 900 for several reasons including:
    1. I don't need to go 60+MPH
    2. The 570 will haul 4 people fine and that includes big people.
    3. We have a spreader, drag and sprayer for ours and it does all of those things great. We usually load it up with fertalizer when we use the spreader and it never misses a beat.
    4. I just filled my tank up for the second time in a couple of months and we drive ours a lot.

There is absolutley nothing I have ever needed to do made me say I wish I had another 330 cc's. If you want to spend that money get power steering.
    Last edited by DJP; 07-28-2015 at 12:07 PM.

hunting with foy will make you feel good about yourself, that's for sure.

edit edit edit

go smaller.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 07-28-2015 at 12:07 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Damnit j ,I was about. I'd guess 330.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 07-28-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Damnit j ,I was about. I'd guess 330.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    hunting with foy will make you feel good about yourself, that's for sure.

edit edit edit

go smaller.
    Got that right!

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    I have the 570 crew. It is the one that seats 4 instead of 6 so that I have a tighter turning radius.
    I bought it over the 900 for several reasons including:
    1. I don't need to go 60+MPH
    2. The 570 will haul 4 people fine and that includes big people.
    3. We have a spreader, drag and sprayer for ours and it does all of those things great. We usually load it up with fertalizer when we use the spreader and it never misses a beat.
    4. I just filled my tank up for the second time in a couple of months and we drive ours a lot.

There is absolutley nothing I have ever needed to do made me say I wish I had another 330 cc's. If you want to spend that money get power steering.
    Thanks for the input. Exactly what I needed to hear. Any issues putting 3 kids in back? is there only 2 seatbelts in the back?

Only two seat belts on each row since I have the four seater. The six seater is about 9 inches wider.
    I have carried three across the back several times. I think I put a couple in the bed once or twice too.

Really the only downside of a polaris is turning radius. We sell our units every two years and I am thinking about buying the Honda Pioneer next time just to tighten this up. It matters to me when I plant small food plots. If your unit is not a crew, then it is not as big of a deal.

I went from a 700 to a 900 crew and don't regret a $1 of it. We haul allot of weight with people and dogs and it doesn't back up.
    Last edited by BugBuster; 07-28-2015 at 04:20 PM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Didn't you ride in mine? The one I have has three seat belts in the rear seat and the seat doesn't get hot.

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    Didn't you ride in mine? The one I have has three seat belts in the rear seat and the seat doesn't get hot.
    Yeah but I can't remember what it had or didn't have. That was a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    I went from a 700 to a 900 crew and don't regret a $1 of it. We haul allot of weight with people and dogs and it doesn't back up.
    Do you have a lift on it? What kind of tires? Good looking set up you got there.

I would spend the extra $$$. Better to be overpowered rather than underpowered.

DJP has the 570- we ran it through a drain ditch with a very soft bottom and no less than 1100lbs of man on it... It didn't bat an eye

I thought a 900 would be necessary- I don't believe it is. UNLESS you intend to pull a trailer/haul a lot- but even then, it would be tough to justify the extra $$$- at least for me
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

3 inch lift, brackets in the rear and a arms in the front with high lifter springs. 28" inch tires on 14" wheels
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

I'm gunning for the Pioneer as well, going to test drive one this weekend hopefully.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I've had the 700 and currently have the 900. There's really no comparison between the two. The 900 is 10x what the 700 was. but I have zero complaints with my 570 Sportsman, but it's a four wheeler not a side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

I have an 800XP used mainly in Arkansas. You need the extra power for deep,thick mud.