Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fly flingin photo dump

Wow Spur those are amazing pictures!! That bream is the true definition of a titty no doubt and that bass good lord man how long was the fight?
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

It was a close run thing, got into my backing, then under limbs and had to give chase with the trolling motor. Never jumped, just wallowed a bit and it took a while. At the end she didn't lay up on her side, just had her back out of the water. I lipped her and just couldn't put her back. Caught her on a little lead eyed foxy clouser I tie on a #14 longshank hook. Lot's of luck on that one.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

That bass was a handful but here's a little write up of one I really wish I could try again:

"Mr. Big, a 30"(+?) brown, made one head shaking rush down around the pool then turned running me upstream over 150 yards. He went in pulsing continuous runs up through 2 riffles, 2 slicks and a rapid section. At one point I had about 30 yards of backing out. Bloodied a shin on rocks as I crossed the stream twice to clear the fly line from rocks. He finally stopped to rest with the leader around a big rock in water to deep to wade. I waded out on a ledge as far as I dared to try to do something...anything to clear the line from the rock. He just popped the tippet on the rock with one last little surge. Left me defeated, deflated and shaking. I think he knew where he was going the whole time."

No pictures for that one sadly.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles