Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost at sea

Damnit I was hoping all was well. I hope everything still turns out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    https://twitter.com/USCGSoutheast
    I don't have a good feeling about this, I pray they are found alive. Hopefully they only had motor issue and not enough anchor rope and will be found drifting up this way
    I was hoping they would be drifting in the boat, if they couldn't have stayed with the overturned hull, its not good at all. The hull was found 67 miles off. I fish 50-65 often and it can get sporty real quick with a wind pickup or these afternoon summer squalls, if you loose power then you don't have steering to keep the bow pointed into the swells and then you are broached and roll. You can die out there in an instant. 19ft boat
    A cloth sea anchor is made for situations like I just described to keep your bow into the swells and cost just a few dollars and fold up to a small size.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-26-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Scary. It reminds me of phonemans thread, you never know. I always worry about what would happen in the event of a capsizing. I have a friend who wears a Spot every time he gets on the boat, great insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These two could have been anyone on here growing up as a teenager!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    Scary. It reminds me of phonemans thread, you never know. I always worry about what would happen in the event of a capsizing. I have a friend who wears a Spot every time he gets on the boat, great insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodSpeed to those boys and their families. I hope it was quick and painless.

One of the old men that taught me to offshore fish spent 27 hours holding on to a 48 qt cooler off Frying Pan shoals one time. He kept an epirb, a handheld vhf and a lifejacket in a bag beside him AT ALL TIMES. it also had a .45 in it. The first 3 were to save his life. the .45 was because he vowed he would never spend another night in the ocean.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 07-26-2015 at 09:09 PM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

As the sun went down this evening I continued to check the updates with hopes of them being found. All I can think now is the boys are still in the water in the dark scared to death.

Prayers for the safe return of these boys to their families!
    Last edited by wdhigh; 07-26-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Nothing to brag about. Possible and sensible often don't yin and yang. Let's hope they're found.
    The Hell it ain't something to brag about. All we had. You spoon fed bo
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    The Hell it ain't something to brag about. All we had. You spoon fed bo
    Most smart people I know learn from bad decisions instead of bragging about them on the internet. Bo. Why don't you take your 14 ft'er and go find those floating boys. Stars are out. Grab your sextant compass and hourglass. You should be fine.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Spend the day today with my buddy growing up...We talked about this, and how easily it could have been us. The only reason were werent lost in the Gulf Stream is we could only scrounge up 12 gallons of gas at a time.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I didn't grow up with a boat on the salt, but almost any summer day as a kid from 12-18, it wasn't unusual at all for me and some buddies to be out on the river or lake having never told anyone where we were going. I remember one day specifically when we sank a boat on the Santee - never questioned about why we were there or why didn't tell tell anyone where we were going. Could have easily been me. Hope they find them and hope they have a great story to tell their kids and grandkids one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Reports like this hit close to home. 10yrs ago this month, my cousin, as well as a member posting in this threads little brother were adrift for 3 days off of Charleston. The empty gut wrenching feeling of "not knowing" is something that cant be put into words.

Prayers for the families involved, as well as a small miracle that the boys saw the sun come up this morning.

Default Miracles can happen...

Repost - I grew up with and played football with Keith Kenerly.. Lucky doesn't even come close..

Watch the video if you care to..

F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by CYPRESNEAK View Post
    Reports like this hit close to home. 10yrs ago this month, my cousin, as well as a member posting in this threads little brother were adrift for 3 days off of Charleston. The empty gut wrenching feeling of "not knowing" is something that cant be put into words.

Prayers for the families involved, as well as a small miracle that the boys saw the sun come up this morning.
    You talking about Troy and Josh? I thought they were out for close to a week?

Scary to think how small we are and how easily it can happen. Would be really tough once you're separated from the boat. Prayers sent for a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by CYPRESNEAK View Post
    I remember that.

hope everything turns out ok for these boys
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I sure hope I'm wrong, but I have little faith that those boys will ever be seen again.

Tragic would be an understatement.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

This is a terrible situation. Praying for those folks.

Praying for these boys and memories as a kid 14-15 years old taking a skiff outside the jetties at murrells inlet come to mind. No vhf or gps but we always made it back. We were lucky. The fishing was just to good not go, hope these boys turn up!
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

You can only hope when they started getting in trouble they put life jackets on, not that they rolled over unexpectedly and never got to the jackets. Maybe they are floating out there but now the elements would have taken over. I pray for them

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I heard on the radio (news) a few minutes ago that there was an ice chest and one life jacket missing from the boat. They didn't specify if they had floated away or what, just that they were missing. Also the CG said they have now had time to do wind and current calculation and have shifted their search focus accordingly.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

News tonight said if they are drifting, they are off the coast of GA. Y'all offshore boys keep your eyes peeled.