Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Lost at sea

The outpouring of donations of time/planes/boats and $$$ has left me feeling better about the goodness in people's hearts. Have not felt this way since 2005. I don't know these young men or their families but my deepest sympathies are with them at this time. Their situation has atleast restored faith for me in "our" community of outdoorsmen.

Godspeed and let's not lay blame, rather try and use this as a learning tool.

God bless those that have given their all to help make these families whole again.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 07-31-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Godspeed young men
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    The outpouring of donations of time/planes/boats and $$$ has left me feeling better about the goodness in people's hearts. Have not felt this way since 2005. I don't know these young men or their families but my deepest sympathies are with them at this time. Their situation has atleast restored faith for me in "our" community of outdoorsmen.

Godspeed and let's not lay blame, rather try and use this as a learning tool.

God bless those that have given their all to help make these families whole again.
    Couldn't have said it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcountry Boy View Post
    Prayers for the family. The unknown can be unbearable.
    That is exactly what I have been considering, it is as if they just vanished. In an event such as this how would the parents ever achieve closure?
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    God speed boys, Lord be with their parents. These boys have given me hope for our younger generations. Just when you thought all was lost to video games and MTV these boys remind us the spirit of adventure is still alive. Tight lines boys!
    Amen

I've read it all, The Hull Truth and SCDUCKS. I'm where all of you are as far as emotion. Godspeed young lads and tight lines !!!
    More fuel = more boost!!

Been following it hourly for the past week.

I don't think I've had that many ups and downs in my entire life.

It's a terrible terrible tragedy. I'm heart broke for these kids and their families. I just can't get out of my head that they were fighting to live and just waiting to be spotted. You know that they had to hear planes and boats off in the distance from wherever they were.

Godspeed fellas.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

God Bless those boys!
    I'm getting tired of hearing how irresponsible it is to let your kids go boating alone. What's the difference in sending them with a friends parent in an automobile? Life and death is going to happen no matter how much you try to fight or argue with it. I just hope when my boys get old enough to venture on their own, that they'll respect the water. We've lost some great kids here fellas! Let's make sure to keep praying for them and their parents.
    867-5309

I woke up twice this week dreaming about their rescue. I feel confident they fought as hard as they could.

God has a plan.

G

FWD: Attention captains with boats large enough to to make it to the Gulf Stream and back from North or South Carolina please contact me ASAP!! Trying to do a rake together. I will get your fuel covered! Share this please! Please text me at (561)-255-4036

This is one of the boys aunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Buoy pictures picked up something.

Launch of another jet aircraft Eclipse twin engine to bouy Station 41001 (LLNR 635) - EAST HATTERAS - 150 NM East of Cape Hatteras -mission to recon possible souls on board bouy platform indicated by possible imaging from bouy. Aircraft on loan from John Travolta , Imagery analysts from Airrnet on standby/Chris Rowley https://www.facebook.com/pages/DEEMI...e/106644203188

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...eward-200.html
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

http://cbs12.com/news/top-stories/st...ry-28316.shtml
    Search Dog Confirms Scent Match On Items In Search For Austin And Perry

Story by Melissa Howell/CBS12

JUPITER (CBS12) -- A search dog used in the effort to find Austin Stephanos and Perry Cohen has come up with a scent match on several items found off the coast of Savannah.

In a video posted to YouTube by the Henry County Report, search and rescue investigator Julie Jones, a handler for a search dog named Quincy, said her dog confirmed a positive scent match between two life vests and a white seat cushion and the missing boys.

The two teen boaters vanished last month after setting out on a fishing trip from the Jupiter Inlet.

"It was a positive that these items did belong to the boys," said Jones in the video interview.

CBS12 reporter Melissa Howell spoke to a member of the search-and-rescue team who says he's aware of the discovery but additional testing needs to be done.

The Coast Guard called off the search after a week of looking for the 14-year-old boys, presumed lost at sea.

The private search for the teens continues. Stay with CBS12 for more on this developing story.

Jones and Quincy are with the VK9 Scent Specific Search and Recovery group in Portland, Maine.

If I were the parents, I think I'd just rather not known. Awe, hell...I dunno.

Posted with GS5 smartphone equipped with a dumb keyboard.

Damn

Boat and personal items recovered near Bermuda

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/boat...223500438.html
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

I would have guessed the boat would have drifted a lot farther than that.