Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Towing Capacity

Buy a tent... Tents are for camping. Oh yea, get a thermacell. I saved you $10,000+.

I would never make payments on a camper, but I try not to finance anything other than my house..... I ain't happy bout that.
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 07-15-2015 at 06:39 AM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by rodandgun83 View Post
    Not trying to hijack this thread but I was looking at a 14 Tundra with all the bells and whistles a while back. When the salesman was throwing his pitch he said it was rated for 10,000lbs but was capable of more but they don't advertise it's real capacity because they don't want anyone maxing it out. Anyone ever heard this?
    Yes it's called bullshit. These posts about pulling 10000 lbs behind a 150 or 1500 are bullshit too. That may be fine dragging your trailer up and down 17 to the KOA or 5 miles to the ramp. Listen to Krasko. 10000 lbs is basically what a 31 Bertram weighs. Ask yourself, you want a 31 Bertram behind your 150 or 1500 series truck? Dont even think about driving through the upstate hills......
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Thanks for the responses guys. I've started to look into the Bullet Ultra-light trailers. They cost more but weigh a good bit less. Gets me more on the 5000 # range.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I have no idea, other than it's a Dodge 1500 4WD with a Hemi

EDIT: And yes, if you're looking at a camper that size, you need to go ahead and be looking at 3/4 ton diesels.......
    Fml

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dammit son, bumping a 3 year old FEETs rant?