Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate flag

"JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Am I remembering incorrectly or didn't everybody including the NAACP agree that putting it in its current location was cool and the gang? And then they subsequently crawfished and boycotted anyway? I could be totally wrong, so please correct me if needed.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure you could replace it with a Betsy Ross American flag and they'd be calling for it to come down within an hour.

Im ashamed to see what this country has turned into. We are making transexuals heros, allowing race baiting liberals to cause us to be at each others throats and taking the sanctity of marriage and flushing it down the toilet. You can be a believer in God or not but you are a moron if you can't see we are on a slippery slope to destruction fast.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Lee Bright proposed an amendment for an alternate flag which failed by a large margin.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe the flag was suppose to go in the "rear" of the statehouse as part of the compromise. If that is the case, then maybe there should be a compromise to honor the old compromise.
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 07-06-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    Am I remembering incorrectly or didn't everybody including the NAACP agree that putting it in its current location.
    No. Most did, but they were kind of forced into a knee jerk reaction. Vote to move it there or keep on top of the dome. So the voted to move it. Even in it's current spot the NAACP has been protesting this state. I can't tell that there protest has done anything because I see just as many black people here now than I ever have and lord only knows how many show up for black bike week in MB.

Again, according to Clyburg(n) the flag was supposed to be in the "rear", not the front.
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 07-06-2015 at 04:28 PM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

My new shirt.

I would say hoist this mother up the flag pole but it might offend our politicians.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Im ashamed to see what this country has turned into. We are making transexuals heros, allowing race baiting liberals to cause us to be at each others throats and taking the sanctity of marriage and flushing it down the toilet. You can be a believer in God or not but you are a moron if you can't see we are on a slippery slope to destruction fast.
    Sodom and Gomorrah comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkLee View Post
    This has to be a joke. A politician who wanted to have a Confederate Battle Flag taken down helps do so. He says because that is what his district wanted. Now hears of a replacement flag and has to get on a hunting website to find out what it looks like?
    I guess politicians are mindless idiots or just hope everyone else is.
    you're catching on
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-06-2015 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    This…

The politicians have chosen to make the minds of the people up for them. A sin is a sin according to the Holy book. But we as a people are glorifying on sin over another. Putting rainbow colors on the White house. A proposal to change the red and blue in our flag to the rainbow colors. Bruce is a hero? Fags holding up a fag flag and comparing it to the heroes of WWII “These are real Heroes” they say. It won’t be long before the politicians, so concerned about making liberals happy, vote to change the name of the White house to something more politically correct. How about the happy house? Kids will be chanting soon “First comes love, then comes gay marriage, then comes Eddie making love to his horse named Barry.” We have opened up a big bag of snakes and dumped them out on the floor.
    Mean while in Russia, Putin is massing a strong military weapons collection, and laughing his ass off at us. I would predict in the next 30 years or so, our grandkids will be speaking another language, but not by choice.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

I assumed the Gervais entrance was the rear with the front entrance facing Main Street.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSportsman View Post
    So the representatives of the people are making decisions to replace the flag with another that they know nothing about, not even what it looks like? Just a placeholder... to hell with the heritage and history.

Bunch of BS and down right embarrassing if you ask me.
    The more he posts in here, the more apparent it becomes. Trying to make it look as if he is out for the best solution, typical deflection while he is part of the problem and not part of the solution

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    Am I remembering incorrectly or didn't everybody including the NAACP agree that putting it in its current location was cool and the gang? And then they subsequently crawfished and boycotted anyway? I could be totally wrong, so please correct me if needed.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure you could replace it with a Betsy Ross American flag and they'd be calling for it to come down within an hour.
    yes but that was before DT and his buddies saw a chance to get some air time and maybe a photo shoot with Rev Al
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-06-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Those offended by the flag might burn the damn state down if the battle flag is replaced with anything from the civil war era. I don't know, but I'd imagine ANYTHING that has to do with the confederacy would be offensive. And our leaders replacing one offensive symbol with another would be a slap in the face.

Those poor people that lost their lives in that church. They've been pimped by an agenda.

I haven't done my due diligence on this article yet, but there are some interesting comments. Has anyone read through the original compromise?

Compromise to move flag

An excerpt:

The flag would stand between that building and the monument. Although it would be more prominent to those walking in front of the Statehouse, it would no longer fly in a position of sovereignty, visible through much of Columbia, the state capital.

Reflecting a concern that other Confederate monuments might come under attack, the measure also requires that no Confederate or African-American history monuments on public property throughout the state be removed or altered, and no public area named for any historical figure be changed.

You can write in a compromise to erect a monument of George Washington Carver killing confederate soldiers with a machine gun that shoots peanut butter bullets and it still won't make anyone happy.

This is actually the one in the amendment. It is the artillery flag, not the rifle flag.

Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

This regiment is sometimes referred to as Gregg's Regiment, although technically Col. Gregg was over a brigade, and after his death, command of the brigade went to Gen. McGowan. Command of this regiment was for a time under Col. Cormillus McCreary, hence the names.

The South Carolina 1st Infantry Regiment, Provisional Army completed its organization at Richmond, Virginia, in August, 1861. Most of the officers and men had served in the 1st South Carolina Volunteers, a six-month command, which was mustered out of service in late July. The men were from Charleston and Columbia, and the counties of Darlington, Marrion, Horry, Edgefield (now Aiken), and Florence. Assigned to General Gregg's and McGowan's Brigade, the unit fought with the Army of Northern Virginia from the Seven Days' Battles to Cold Harbor. It was then involved in the difficult Petersburg siege north and south of the James River and the Appomattox Campaign. This regiment lost 20 killed and 133 wounded during the Seven Days' Battles, had fifty-three percent disabled of the 283 engaged at Second Manassas and Ox Hill, and had 4 killed and 30 wounded at Sharpsburg. It sustained 73 casualties at Fredericksburg and 104 at Chancellorsville, then lost thirty-four percent of the 328 at Gettysburg. There were 16 killed, 114 wounded, and 7 missing at The Wilderness, and 19 killed, 51 wounded, and 9 missing at Spotsylvania. On April 9, 1865, it surrendered with 18 officers and 101 men.

OFFICERS:

• Colonels:
      Maxey Gregg
      Daniel H. Hamilton
      Charles W. McCreary

Lieutenant Colonels:
      T. Pinckney Alston
      Andrew P. Butler
      Edward McCrady, Jr.
      Washington P. Shooter
      Augustus M. Smith

Major:
      Edward D. Brailsford.

BATTLES:

Fort Sumter SC (12 - 13 APR 1861)
    Vienna (17 JUN 1861)
    Seven Days Battles, VA (25 JUN - 1 JUL 1862)
    2nd Bull Run, VA (28 - 30 AUG 1862)
    Antietam, VA (17 SEP 1862)
    Shepherdstown Ford (20 SEP 1862)
    Fredericksburg, VA (13 DEC 1862)
    Chancellorsville, (1-4 MAY 1863)
    Gettysburg, PA (1-3 JUL 1863)
    Falling Waters (14 JUL 1863)
    Bristoe Campaign (9 - 22 OCT 1863)
    Mine Run Campaign, VA (NOV - DEC 1863)
    The Wilderness, VA (5 - 6 MAY 1864)
    Spotsylvania Court House, VA (8 - 21 MAY 1864)
    North Anna, VA (23 - 26 MAY 1864)
    Cold Harbor, VA (1 - 3 JUN 1864)
    Petersburg Siege, VA (JUN 1864 - APR 1865)
    First Squirrel Level Road, VA (30 SEP 1864)
    Jones Farm, VA (30 SEP 1864)
    First Pegram's Farm, VA (1 OCT 1864)
    Five Forks, VA (1 APR 1865)

ROSTERS:

Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

"I told you this was coming"

What? Politicians being a bunch of look at me I'm doing something you little people would never understand?

GFY Duct Tape.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/