Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $200 Pliers?

http://t.basspro.com/Buck-Splizzors-...3080606213819/

I have a pair of these. They were $100 back when I purchased them. I used gift cards and some reward points from work so I didnt have any of my own cash tied up in them. They're nice and do the job. But my Leatherman supertool will do the same job plus many more.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I've got the same set of 15$ pliers I've had since 2007. Put some oil on them every so often and they keep working.

I'm on year 3 with my $40.00 Kroc pliers. Bought a new pair from Jigging World a few weeks ago, hopefully they hold up. The jaws fell off the Melton pliers I had, they didn't come apart, the first inch of the jaws just fell off.

I had a nice pair once, handed them to a fellow to unhook a cuda, fish snapped at him and he dropped them in the drink. Never saw or heard from him when we got back in. Bastard skipped on the fuel and my pliers.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

No way would I consider fishing without having spent $200 on pliers.

You run a bigASS Treble hook in your finger you will pay what ever to be able to CUT the barb once you MAN up and PUSH it on THROUGH the skin and back her out.

TRUST ME.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    You run a bigASS Treble hook in your finger you will pay what ever to be able to CUT the barb once you MAN up and PUSH it on THROUGH the skin and back her out.

TRUST ME.
    Pliers with side cutters are a must, always have at least one on me and a second pair in the tackle box.

The other thing always with me in a boat is a paddle. Might not do a damn bit of good but there will always be a paddle no matter how big the boat.

You get it
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post

TRUST ME.
    I keep a Leatherman on my side. I'll never have to worry about being without a decent tool.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had a pair of gander mtn store brand pliers that had been to the keys 4 times and god knows how many trips around charleston. I broke them awhile ago doing something i shouldnt have been doing with aluminum fishing pliers. They were nice and they are cheap even come with a lil case and lanyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've wondered the same thing, and am constantly tearing up $40-75 pliers offshore. They can't stand much torque, and get twisted when removing 8/0 from a well hooked dolphin or wahoo. If I paid $200 for them, I'd be 5x more disappointed.

Knowing that the Yeti branding frenzy has taken over to take advantage of yuppies with little sense, I don't want to drop $200 on a pair of pliers unless their functionality warrants the price, not the brand/image.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    This. If you use them everyday and have to cut braid they are worth every penny. Just make sure someone sucks you off for buying them.

FIFY
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

To my recollection, Manley pliers cost about $50. They're good. But then, offshore, you need the Manley pliers and a crimping tool. A small crimping tool would cost $30 to $50 depending on quality.

$200 for a pair of pliers is extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    This. If you use them everyday and have to cut braid they are worth every penny. Just make sure they are attached to you.
    HAHA. Cot had a nice pair of pliers till I went fishing with him and a wahoo tried to bite me and I threw his pliers in the atlantic.

I still giggle about that when I am bored....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

So, I see the majority of you mouth breathers dont "Van Staal".
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    So, I see the majority of you mouth breathers dont "Van Staal".
    I do for a reel. Bad ass too!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I have a bottle opener and toe nail clippers.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.