Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kent shotgun shells

o yea, one more thing, how many times do you shoot a triple, or even kill ONE bird on the third shot unless its a finishing shot on the water??? how does one more shell help THAT much??
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I believe Gander could shoot a .22 and kill'em on the wing. That bastage can flat out shoot.
    I'm just proud to be here.

i wasnt talkin about gander...sorry if it came across that way. i was responding to WC's post
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

daddy duck, i still reload. just finished loading up 20#'s of hevi #7.5's last night. all 12ga though.

Swampy - the patterning board was an eye-opener for sure. Everything I had read about the MP153 said that the factory tubes weren't real good when shooting fast steel. Paper confirms that - factory modified was pretty patchy but the factory full was a bit better. Need to look into some Trulocks or Carlsons...

Give me a shout on the divers. Sure would like to have a Ringo hen for the freezer. Holler at me soon...

I shake my head every time I see some idiot on here talking about "sneaking some lead" into the field. What for? Why risk poisoning the waterfowl to shoot lead just cause "Daddy did"? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Now that was harsh......

I have been waterfowling long enough to have killed plenty of birds with Lead. No way does Fast Steel kill with the efficacy of Lead shot.

When I run out of Kent TM, I may have to shoot FastSteel, but I won't be happy about it. It'll be BBs and not #2s.....

Flame away JAB [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I don't know why you would want to give up an extra shell or extra powder or shot. I don't want to give any duck a chance to escape. Makes no sense unless you are just a flat out shotgunner or you have shoulder problems.

And yes I have killed triples and usually kill ducks if I shoot a third time.
    \"I\'d rather go to hell than Clemson\".<br /><br />QDM= Quantity of Deer Murdered

I can tell ya, it WAS refreshing to shoot ducks in Argentina with what amounted to field load #5 lead shells. They died --- in great numbers and with hardly any cripples.

But, with proportionally smaller area that is hunted there, their likely isn't enough lead being thrown to make much of a dent in the waterfowl population, toxicity-wise. Otherwise, they'd have another issue to worry about (and the best shooting I had was over a dry cow pasture anyway)
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I believe that it was Tom Roster that said that in addition to being less lethal, steel loads are approximately 40% more difficult to hit ducks with when compared to lead. I don't know about 40%, but it was definitely a lot easier to make hits with lead, even when steel wasn't over choked.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Originally posted by woodduck commando:
    I don't know why you would want to give up an extra shell or extra powder or shot. I don't want to give any duck a chance to escape. Makes no sense unless you are just a flat out shotgunner or you have shoulder problems.

And yes I have killed triples and usually kill ducks if I shoot a third time.
    are you not aware that several mfg's made 16ga autoloaders?
    the 16ga is not a disadvantage to anyone who can hit what they shoot at.

if you could get a "real" 16ga autoloader still it is all i would shoot. the only 16ga auto currently available is built on a 12ga frame.
    i would pay big bucks for a benelli m1 16ga or something new like my remington sportsman 58.

i find it hard to believe that you "usually" kill birds on the third shot. why not try to be a sportsman and kill youre two woodies and a tamie with a double gun...or would that be too old style or too hard for ya? o yea, and 16's are proven to pattern better than 12's and everyone knows that they can kill just as good as a 12. one more thing, nice attitude about "I don't want to give any duck a chance to escape." we'll have brids forever as long as everyone takes that kinda attitude [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I shoot a 16 as well, at times..but not real happy with the steel shot loads, Snake hooked me up with some Hevi reloads and I loved them, wanted to try TM but damn the price, I am going to order some Bismouth today and try them out when I come home in two weeks, if that don't work I might need to enlist DVR and Snake as my 16 reloaders
    \"Next time I send fool....I go myself!\" Major Louis Cukela USMC<br /><br />Holy Snappen Duck Flappers

daddy duck...how about let us know how those bismuth loads work out for ya. thanks

Originally posted by woodduck commando:
    There defintely aren't enough ducks in South Carolina to do something stupid like shooting a 16 gauge. I swapped my benelli for an over and under for one hunt. Instead of picking up six, there were only three. Stupid ass mistake.
    one day, maybe i can afford a benelli. i know i will kill ducks then.

you clearly have no concept of shooting. if you put the shot charge on the target the 16 is no disadvantage.
    i will tell you what. bring $100 and your fancy benelli to the indigo club. i will bring my ratty old 16ga and $100. whoever breaks the most targets will leave with $200. shoot any load you want. bring some of those 3.5in shells so you can really shame me. are you ready to put your money where your mouth is? let me know. i will have my buddy snake show up and shoot his 28ga. he might want some of this action too.

hope to hear from you soon. i need some christmas money.

I have two 16 gauge shotguns, and would not hesitate to use them on ducks with the right ammo.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

DVR can I get into this action as well.... I will bet money anyday of the week against Snake as long as I can whack him in the knee caps with a 2x4 each time he shoots.... ........shhhhh don't tell him I said this but the boy can shoot....I taught him everything he knows
    \"Next time I send fool....I go myself!\" Major Louis Cukela USMC<br /><br />Holy Snappen Duck Flappers

Originally posted by DVR:
    one day, maybe i can afford a benelli. i know i will kill ducks then. [/QB]
    [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] isnt that the truth...ill take my 30 yr old wingmaster or my 16 double(you know you can only get off TWO shots with those things...man thats horrible i cant fit a third shell in there ) and out-shoot the hell outta benelli