Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Flag"

2/3 vote of both bodies.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    2/3 vote of both bodies.
    How would you vote?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by 803 View Post
    My opinion: take it down. It serves no purpose and offends many. We can still hold on to our sense of state identity without flying a flag of a country that doesn't exist any longer . If you need to blame anyone for mistaking meaning of the flag, don't blame those offended instead blame those who spread hate with it in tow. I hate the political correctness movement, but I too would be offended if my state flew a flag that represented a nation who wanted to keep me enslaved. Yes, the civil war was about slavery; states right to choose [slavery].
    You're one of the let police search your vehicle because you have nothing to hide kinda guys huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    and you know this how??
    First Tuesday of every month. . .

The fact that the flag is 100x more likely to be flying in the front yard of a single wide more so than any other home type tells me about all I need to know. Can't recall too many instances where I've ever seen a individual with a professional degree flying the flag on their well manicured lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    They use the flag as leverage. Take it away, and they won't have anything to make an excuse with.

I rather see the flag my family fought and died for taken down than drug through the mud.

Another thing, what not replace it with the real "stars and bars"?
    So you are a complacent quitter? If the flag was about slavery, then yes, I say take it down. I'm just as offended by a exclusive black orginazation. But I don't count due to White Privilege. What the hell is that? I work hard for what I got. Get no assistance with my medical bills, no free phone. There is,no excuse for a person not advancing themselves today other than themselves. The pot stirrers,are the ones keeping the fire burning.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

The cause of the Civil War has been debated and will remain polarizing as long as the South lives on, but that still doesn't change the fact that a large group of out states population feels offended by a state supported "icon" of racism. Perception is reality , it is irrelevant that the vast majority of us believe the flag simply represents the culture we are proud of when parts of out population continue to use it as a symbol for hatred. Call me brainwashed or a traitor , I don't give a shit.
    You really have to hear the actual details of the conflict from folks that actually experienced what happened. Any history books that described the conflict was biased towards the North. There was so much propaganda during that time, the truth is the actual soldiers knew absolutely nothing about what it was like to own a slave. They were patriots and loyal to the confederacy because their ancestors fought for freedom during the revolutionary war. In their minds it was a battle for freedom and independence just as their forefathers had done some 100 years prior.
    The history was written by the victor therefore most folks think the Southern man fought this war for slavery, the reality is this war had absolutely nothing to do with slavery and everything to do with freedom.
    This country will can never succeed without similar patriotism. Currently this country is divided much more deeply by political views that it ever was during the Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    You're one of the let police search your vehicle because you have nothing to hide kinda guys huh?
    Absolutely not
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by CUAngler View Post
    The fact that the flag is 100x more likely to be flying in the front yard of a single wide more so than any other home type tells me about all I need to know. Can't recall too many instances where I've ever seen a individual with a professional degree flying the flag on their well manicured lawn.
    You do realize its 2 different flags, right? Again, uneducated and judgmental.
    And you need to change your name from CUangler. It implies Clemson and it has Tillman Hall named after one of the biggest racist of all times. I'm offended by that.
    Last edited by Goin Coastal; 06-19-2015 at 09:33 PM.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    So you are a complacent quitter? If the flag was about slavery, then yes, I say take it down. I'm just as offended by a exclusive black orginazation. But I don't count due to White Privilege. What the hell is that? I work hard for what I got. Get no assistance with my medical bills, no free phone. There is,no excuse for a person not advancing themselves today other than themselves. The pot stirrers,are the ones keeping the fire burning.
    Were Christians quitters when they gave up using the swastika after the end of the third reich?
    Last edited by CUAngler; 06-19-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Here's my take. The black race has fought to be considered equal. I have no problem with that. They have that right. What I don't agree with is wanting to be equal but special at the same time. If an organization doesn't allow black members, they are racist. Yet there is a Miss Black America Pagent. A Black Bassmasters. The Black Entertainment Channel and so on. How much more racist can one be? Until those barriers are dropped things will continue.
    Amen x100

My opinion: take it down. It serves no purpose and offends many. We can still hold on to our sense of state identity without flying a flag of a country that doesn't exist any longer . If you need to blame anyone for mistaking meaning of the flag, don't blame those offended instead blame those who spread hate with it in tow. I hate the political correctness movement, but I too would be offended if my state flew a flag that represented a nation who wanted to keep me enslaved. Yes, the civil war was about slavery; states right to choose [slavery].
    As unpopular as this opinion may be, in light of recent events, I now agree with it. The flag will never represent "hate" or bigotry to me, but (mostly) all it is doing in front of the state house is perpetuate a rift.

Amen brotha....to sportins post
    Last edited by DUCK BUSTER 68; 06-19-2015 at 09:47 PM.
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    How would you vote?
    That would have been an easy answer until today. I am still trying to figure out why God allowed this sinner to violate God's people in his house. Why the persecution? Why the nicest guy in the Senate? How could the kid sit through a prayer meeting not get touched by God?

Ya'll can argue about all the divisive issues you want. I lost a friend in Christ. I need a moment. I listened to relatives of the slain tell the murderer that forgive him today at the bail hearing.

I wonder what God is telling us. Violence has followed every similar controversy in America over the past couple years. I was being drawn into the hate. This time it feels different. I am going to listen to God and pray.
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 06-19-2015 at 10:14 PM.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

No way it passes

msnbc
    BREAKING: SC State Rep to introduce bill to remove Confederate flag from State Capitol grounds http://t.co/VS5qB6nSBl http://t.co/qlGQS0S2Mk
    6/19/15, 9:20 PM

I am proud to have a gift brought to us. Nothing to do with anything bout race. Took this Man on a duck and goose hunt or 2 or 3. Showed up one day with THE FLAG that was flown 1-day as they all were. Next to the last one that was EVER FLOWN over the STATE CAPITOL. Jim Hodges was the guv. Yall younguns get your stuff together.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    That would have been an easy answer until today. I am still trying to figure out why God allowed this sinner to violate God's people in his house. Why the persecution? Why the nicest guy in the Senate? How did the kid could sit through a prayer meeting not get touched by God?

Ya'll can argue about all the divisive issues you want. I lost a friend in Christ. I need a moment. I listened to relatives of the slain tell the murderer that forgive him today at the bail hearing.

I wonder what God is telling us. Violence has followed every similar controversy in America over the past couple years. I was being drawn into the hate. This time it feels different. I am going to listen to God and pray.
    I'm sorry for your loss. Prays for your friend's family and those of the other victims.
    Last edited by DJP; 06-19-2015 at 10:08 PM.

I agree with Duct Tape. I'm sorry for the loss of your colleague. The boy had an agenda and it failed. How do you hope to start a race riot with people who aren't racist? Some of the finest representives of the black, Charleston, and State communities lost their lives in the place they felt the safest. This act has brought the city and state closer. Not seperated as the shooter hoped. The outsiders coming in are the ones trying to make it a negative campaign. In respect for the ones who lost are affected, give it some time before pointing fingers and playing the blame game. My thoughts and prayers are with those struggling to know why.

The Confederate flag has about as much to do with this sensless murder as the great Reverend Al Sharpton has to do with the abolition of slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by CUAngler View Post
    No way it passes

msnbc
    BREAKING: SC State Rep to introduce bill to remove Confederate flag from State Capitol grounds http://t.co/VS5qB6nSBl http://t.co/qlGQS0S2Mk
    6/19/15, 9:20 PM
    A carpetbagger, just what I suspected. I hope that this puts an end to his political career in this state.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"