Thread: dryloks vs. faststeel

im thinkin about switchin to faststeel this year since they are cheaper than dryloks and was wonderin what yall thought about them
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

With steel shot speed is what you want. However you will have to pattern your gun with the fast stuff to find out what works best with what you have. For instance when I was loading fast steel (1 oz at 1550 fps in a 2 3/4" hull) I had to go to a Briley extended lt mod choke to get it to pattern right, the factory Browning tubes tended to blow the pattern for me.

Snake
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

fasteel rocks, the patterns were good with my benelli chokes and the pattern master.....i like it

You might want to try Federal Speed Shok too. It's about the same price as Fasteel but patterns better out of my gun.

Fasteel is all you will ever need. They are now offering a 3 1/2" shell with #2 shot that reaches 1650 fps! Can I get an Amen?
    At least I'm housebroken.

I like the Faststeel in a #2 with my Terror .655 choke tube or my pattern Master.
    80-20 Genaration

I think Kent makes a great shell and Faststeel is excellent.

I use Fasteel 3" #3 and have no complaints! A great shell!

does anyone have any problems with the kents in old fixed choke guns? i shoot an old wingmaster and i saw somewhere that some people had problems with them b/c the shot is harder than normal steel or somethin like that. i was just curious
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Dont use steel n your old wingmaster!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Fasteel is da stuff. I shoot the 3" #2 load going a bit over 1500 fps.....
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Fasteel 3" 3s good has killed everything from GWT to tundra swans for me.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

I sure hope this Faststeel is as good as everyone says. I have been shooting Hevishot, but bought some Faststeel the other day. I 've still got a couple boxes of Hevishot in the bag just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

2-3/4" #3's have been stoning the hell outta what I've shot so far this season. Very freaking impressed!