Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running/Walking: Target Heart Rate

I'd forget the walking / jogging. I wouldn't interval train either. Forget all that shit.

If I were you, I'd play to my strengths.
    You are already a big dude. So if you're destined to be bear might as well be a grizzly.

I'd just lift weights and get jacked as fuck!!!

Do the 5/3/1 program, with either the Boring But Big or the Jack Shit assistance work.
    http://crossfitssli.typepad.com/file...th-program.pdf

I have a friend that is 300lb+ and has screwed up knees from a treestand accident and cant run anymore. All he does is lift - and he lifts religiously. He is an absolute monster. He took the hand he was dealt and made the most of it.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 05-20-2015 at 09:54 AM.

Def. There's no way getting around me being a big guy, always will be. But I want to cut my stomach out as much as I can in the meantime.

Thanks for everyone's replies, def going to look into everything more in depth tonight.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

ugh. I keep coming back here and wanting to say something....so here goes.

BMiller--live healthy. Eat less. Move more. Running vs walking really isnt something you need to concern yourself with at this point. Walk whenever/wherever you can. Run some if you are in the mood...even if its just a couple of blocks during your walk. STOP COUNTING CALORIES. Its not a "calorie in--calorie out" debate any more. Exercise in any fashion that gets your heart rate up and makes you sweat. Sure, you can lift weights all day, but I dont see that as a key to your healthy lifestyle.

Fuel your body with fresh foods. Only eat things that spoil. Nothing in a package.

K.I.S.S.

Come back in a year and we'll talk about interval training and running and all that nonsense.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

BMiller--live healthy. Eat less. Move more. Running vs walking really isnt something you need to concern yourself with at this point. Walk whenever/wherever you can. Run some if you are in the mood...even if its just a couple of blocks during your walk. STOP COUNTING CALORIES. Its not a "calorie in--calorie out" debate any more. Exercise in any fashion that gets your heart rate up and makes you sweat. Sure, you can lift weights all day, but I dont see that as a key to your healthy lifestyle.

Fuel your body with fresh foods. Only eat things that spoil. Nothing in a package.

K.I.S.S.

Come back in a year and we'll talk about interval training and running and all that nonsense.

MY man!
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

K.I.S.S.

best advice.

change your lifestyle first, then you can worry about a specific workout program/routine...

Last two posts are spot on. Other exercise options all work if adhered to. But at 330 what goes in your mouth or not will have the largest impact on your weight and health. The exercise is about improving strength, endurance, posture, and lifestyle overall. Good on you for wanting it. And good luck!
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Last two posts are spot on. Other exercise options all work if adhered to. But at 330 what goes in your mouth or not will have the largest impact on your weight and health. The exercise is about improving strength, endurance, posture, and lifestyle overall. Good on you for wanting it. And good luck!
    All for my son. Want to make sure I'm around long enough to pester him and his mother
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

These guys are right, you lose weight at the end of your fork. I went straight paleo go 10 months and it is a lifestyle change for sure. I have since mixed some whole grains back in and eat a little more sugar, but not much at all. I only shop the perimeter of the grocery store, there is no need to go down an aisle other than coffee.
    Here's a post I made a while back, you can do it but don't expect it over night and don't give up. Try the workout I sent you in PM. Don't be scared to try new stuff, there's a lot more to it than running and walking, but take your time and listen to your body.
    http://scducks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122096

So yall dont want to go swimming???

Fags.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.