1 0.42%
  • Rand Paul

42 17.57%
  • Marco Rubio

17 7.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SC Ducks Straw Poll

Quote Originally Posted by CUAngler View Post
    I agree with him that the size and expanse of the universe leads one to believe there is an intelligent creator. Even if we are able to explain everything up until the big bag, we are still left trying to figure out how that happened.

There are going to be gaps in the scientific record. A complete evolutionary tree is going to be a tough nut to crack. A road map going from an amoeba to man likely won't ever happen. Transitional fossils and intermediate forms are tough to find as evolution and speciation have been shown to occur in rapid bursts. I think that's pretty weak evidence of him to point to...
    Welcome to creationism. Man will never have the science and full understanding of what God created, why he created it, how long it took to create and through what processes it was created. The more scientists figure out, the more they don't know because every time they make a discovery, 10 unknowns are uncovered they didn't know existed.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Welcome to creationism. Man will never have the science and full understanding of what God created, why he created it, how long it took to create and through what processes it was created. The more scientists figure out, the more they don't know because every time they make a discovery, 10 unknowns are uncovered they didn't know existed.
    And the 7 Day Creationists (re:Carson) are missing the target. The evidence for evolution is miles long. It's basically indisputable at this point. They can have a faith that God created everything, yet it's not possible for evolution to be that driving force?

And the 7 Day Creationists (re:Carson) are missing the target. The evidence for evolution is miles long. It's basically indisputable at this point. They can have a faith that God created everything, yet it's not possible for evolution to be that driving force?
    How long do you think God's 7 days are if our lives aren't even a blink of an eye to Him? The bible says God created the earth in 7 days, it doesn't say it was the 24hr day of man, Carson acknowledges this.

Now BOT, is the GOP flooding the field to keep the Democrats guessing or do these non-viable candidates really believe they can win the nomination?

I see 4 maybe 5 that could carry the nomination, the rest are just chaff.

I did like Perry's comment on jobs today. "Since 2009 Texas has created 1.8 million jobs. Without Texas, Barak Obama would have a net loss of 400,000 jobs today." He had a lot of good points and would be tough on our enemies. I can damn guarantee you if elected the southern border would be secured in no time flat.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Rick Perry is the full package- Niedermeyer AND Marmalard!
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post

Rick Perry is the full package- Niedermeyer AND Marmalard!
    Pledge Pin.

Now BOT, is the GOP flooding the field to keep the Democrats guessing or do these non-viable candidates really believe they can win the nomination?
    I think it's more to do with the GOP having nothing but turd sandwiches to throw at Hill Dog.

I think it's more to do with the GOP having nothing but turd sandwiches to throw at Hill Dog.

Hillary thinks she's already got the Presidency won. She doesn't even have her party nomination sewn up. There's 4 other Dems on the ticket now. Last time that happened she got shown the door and we ended up with Obama. She has to start answering questions and is going to have to debate the others. With her unfavorability numbers, she may be in for a bigger fight than her ego is letting her believe. Her Democratic numbers were close to the same heading into the 2008 elections at this point in the process, then they started to fall.

There are a lot of folks in her own party that find her unsavory. I'm not saying she won't win the nomination, more than likely will but, it's not over by a long shot.

He's been saying the same thing about the 2nd Amendment since he came on the scene after his dress down of Obama in the National Prayer Breakfast. You and a lot of others just haven't been listening. Not only that, ultra right wing groups and other militant gun groups have been bastardizing his statements and changing the context in order to discredit the man because he is a real threat to the established machine.

Carson is a Constitutionalist and as close to a Libertarian as we'll see. Running in the GOP gives him political power if he gains the nomination.

Of everyone I see on the growing list, he's by far the most desirable choice to this point. Though, I wonder if there are some out there that don't want to see or hear what he has to say with a truly open heart and mind because as I heard one bubba say "we don't need another &*$$^# in the WH".
    You can't take out of context a guy saying people in cities shouldn't have semi automatic guns. That's pretty cut and dry. Civil rights shouldn't be based on your address. He said it himself, that he didn't realize how important the gun issue is for the Republicans. I think he learned how important the issue is to win, and changed his tune just to get the nomination.

Recently he said, “You do need to have a discussion about how we deal with situations where there is a tremendous amount of crime and easy access to the kinds of weapons that can create a lot of damage quickly. But that needs to be done in context of always preserving Second Amendment rights.” That's saying the same thing in a "political" way. To me, those are his true colors.

He has also said we need to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. I am all for that, but it is impossible to do without violating rights. My brother-in-law is a highly respected psychologist. He says there is no way in telling if someone is dangerous unless they flat out tell you. There is no way to determine who should have guns and who shouldn't. As a doctor, you would think he would know that.

As far as his race is concerned, I will be completely honest. I would vote for him just because he is black. If he and another candidate had the exact views that were similar to mine, I would choose him first. I would love to have a person of color represent my views. I think that would help racial tensions in our country a little bit.

Ted

Carson is too timid, Ted Cruz was born in Canada, Lindsey Graham has no family (America is not voting for someone that doesn't have a family). Bush, Perry, Jindal, Walker will get the nom.

Quote Originally Posted by SwatEm View Post
    Carson is too timid, Ted Cruz was born in Canada, Lindsey Graham has no family (America is not voting for someone that doesn't have a family). Bush, Perry, Jindal, Walker will get the nom.

What's that got to do with it? His parents were American Citizens.

Rand Paul is far and away the best leadership option this country has seen since Reagan.