Thread: Sonichub Initializing

Default Sonichub Initializing

Sonichub was working fine last Saturday as I got the boat ready to fish. Sunday AM we get ready to roll out and it had quit, I got an "Audio not connected to server". I found that my Blue Seas fuse panel was corroded and that the fuse for that unit was worn to a nub, not burnt, just in bad shape. I replaced the fuse panel, all wire ends, reseated everything, corrosion blocked etc.

When I turn it on now, it says Sonichub Initializing. I've done the reboots, without the motor on and with the motor running on the muffs, new mini fuses, cleaned the terminals all over. Nothing. Sonic hub doesn't show up anywhere. Turned the Audio on and off and back on. Am I missing something else? Sirius is there, says the Weather is good and that the Audio should be working fine.

I called Lowrance, they want $62.00 to evaluate it and $199.00 to repair it, plus return shipping, take them two weeks from them receiving it. Hell, I can buy a new one on Ebay for $275.00 or so and have it delivered in 4 days for free. Just rather have the one I already own work if there is a voodoo trick to bring it back to life. I thought of a hammer, hammers normally work or maybe a torch..
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Not sure about the Lowrance model but the Simrad model has a yellow wire coming out of Sonic Hub bundle that needs to go to the yellow wire out of the head unit. This is the sense wire. It is not to go to a 12V source. It just makes the sonic hub up when the head unit is turned on. The red wire goes to battery connection. We've had some in the field and the yellow wire was the culprit. Check on the bottom of the sonic hub and see if the LED is lit up. Should be green. If there's a problem and it's getting power it will be yellow. No power when head unit is on will be no light. The hub is not designed to be powered with a switch unless it's to the red wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

It's dead. Took it to Livewire and had it tested. I can hit it with a hammer now and not worry.

They had a Freeman 34 in there, I got a little excited. Almost soiled myself.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Still check to make sure the yellow wire is going to the head unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.