Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to Buy a Suit in the Upstate?

Default Where to Buy a Suit in the Upstate?

Okay, so I have a wedding to attend near the end of May. I'm wanting to purchase a suit to wear to the event. Actually looking to purchase a couple of suits just to have for weddings, funerals, special events, etc. Where in the upstate specifically the Simpsonville, Greenville, and Anderson areas would you go to purchase a suit. Budget is no more $1000 for the 2 suits. By the way I'm 6'4" around 260lbs so the normal department stores usually don't work for me.

I appreciate any help that y'all can give me on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Invite him inside for a tall cool glass of die mother fucker.

Take a trip down to Columbia to Granger Ownings.
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Jos A. Banks. If they aren't having a sale, wait until tomorrow.

Cahaly's in downtown Anderson. MH Frank in downtown Clemson. Those are both high end joints. Not sure a grand will get you two suits.
    \"Go to Know\"

Jos. A Bank typically runs some good sales and their stuff is pretty good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynchmob View Post
    Jos A. Banks. If they aren't having a sale, wait until tomorrow.

What he said
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

You might think I amkidding but try the goodwill if you find one in a nice section of town. Alot of nice suits.can be had if you are of average size. Unless you want one to keep and be tailored to you.

Jos a banks....buy 1 suit get 12 free

Go to Rush Wilson in Greenville, he will probably get you a couple of suits in your budget and they will wear 100 times better than anything you will get at Jos a Banks.

ETA:

Your not gonna get jack shit @ G/O for $500/each.

One suit, yes and it will be fucking nice and look fucking nice otherwise not going to happen.
    Last edited by Chessbay; 04-29-2015 at 03:55 PM.

$500 for a suit?? apparently someone has more money than they have sense.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I have gotten my last few suits at Mens Warehouse. They tailer them and even will press them for free it you buy from them. Once you pay for the tailoring one time its free from then on. Best fitting suits ive ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Go to Rush Wilson in Greenville, he will probably get you a couple of suits in your budget and they will wear 100 times better than anything you will get at Jos a Banks.

ETA:

One suit, yes and it will be fucking nice and look fucking nice otherwise not going to happen.
    This is good advice. I went to college with Jay Wilson and he always had some nice duds.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Jos A Banks has a buy one at full price and get 3 free sale going on right now. If you only want 2, I believe they will give you 60% off both of them.

Just get you a nice pair of khakis and sport coat.
    Last edited by smitch320; 04-29-2015 at 04:41 PM.
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Rush Wilson's if you can afford it. I am 6'3" 250 and picked up two about 8 years ago at Men's Wearhouse and had them tailored at the store. I wear both of them a few times a year and they are holding up great. You can get good deals there every other week as well. Jos. A Bank is also good.

I wear a suit everyday at work. Jos a banks online - clearance suits. Same suits in the store at a fraction of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by CUgunner View Post
    Jos A Banks has a buy one at full price and get 3 free sale going on right now. If you only want 2, I believe they will give you 60% off both of them.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlisle View Post
    I wear a suit everyday at work. Jos a banks online - clearance suits. Same suits in the store at a fraction of the cost.
    And this

jos a banks suits aren't the best of quality, that being said if you only wear one once in a blue moon like I do then who cares if its the best quality..Id go there
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

You just got to buy winter suits in the summer and summer suits in the winter - my last purchase there was for $168. $75 (I think) for the tailoring and I was set.
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Killzone and I like Joseph Banks for sport coats. Navy Blue to wear with Khaki's. They have some good deals on suits, too. I formerly bought a couple suits at Rush Wilson, but that was several, several years ago. Somehow Killzone and I wear the same size, even with my shoulders being wider and my waist smaller!!lol. Joseph Banks has been good at fitting us big guys....275-325. We're in Simpsonville