Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck choke

tradorion Coots

and I have a good looking A-5 3in mag 12 looking for a home at the moment... come on down!!

R

2thDoc,

If you're still trying to get that choke out, you might want to try this remedy from MSDuckmen I found:

"I would not use a torch to heat the barrel to remove this tube. The barrel is tempered metal and flames to it will cause it to loose it strength. I will give you one suggestion and if it does not work I would take it to a qualified gunsmith for removal.

You can take a coffee can of 30 weight motor oil just deep enough to cover the length of the choke and bring it near to a boil on a outside cooker. Once the oil is hot lower the barrel muzzle into the oil and leave it on the burner for 10 minutes and then cut the flame. Wait till the oil cools, remove the barrel and clean all oil from around the notches in the choke with mineral spirits. Secure the barrel in a padded vise and the choke will come out with moderate pressure.

I have done this countless times and have never had one not to remove. If you follow this and it still will not remove you have other problems."

Hope it helps.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'