Thread: 16 GAUGE FIELD LOADS

Does anyone know the best place to get reasonably priced 16 gauge field loads? I'm looking for a case or so. Preferably near Charlotte. Thanks.

Since you are from the upstate and want a place near Charlotte ; I would try Bass Pro Shops . They will have a bigger selection than most other stores . I have an old rem 1100 16 ga that I love to shoot . I don't shoot it much anymore because it's hard to find dove loads for . I have found that most stores have more #4 and #6 loads than #7 1\2 and #8's

I'll check there. Thanks for your help. I have seen some RIO shells advertised on the internet, and they seem to be reasonable for a 16 ga. Shipping is the kicker, though.

Also since you're near Charlotte try Little's Hardware I was up that way yesterday and they had Remington 16 ga 1 oz 7.5's for $4.97 or so a box.

Snake
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

Thanks Snake. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Are they still on Mint St?

Yep. I think it's 1400 Mint st. They have a rather surprising selection of bulk reloading supplies also.

Snake
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

It's been a long time since I was last there. I had forgotten they had ammo and other shooting supplies. I'll check them out. I recently came across a nice Ithaca 37 in 16 ga. and had always wanted one, so now I need some shells to try it out.Thanks for the help.

B&D, I have some 16 ga shells laying around so just go ahead and gimme some directions and I'll come pick up the 1100.....

I'll never get rid of that gun . It was the first gun that i ever bought . I saved up for that gun for a long time . I paid $240.00 quite a few years ago at the Jamil Temple gun show . I believe it was made in the 60's . I'd love to have a sweet 16 .

I have a sweet 16 and would love to have a true 16 1100, not the one made from the 12 frame...not willing to trade however [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    If I run across a reasonable deal on a sweet 16 I'll give ya a shout.

here in marion s.c. our local Wal-Mart carries the field loads. I think they were Federals,not sure.