Thread: Strength Programs for Crossfit

Default Strength Programs for Crossfit

Lately I haven't been doing too well in my box's met-cons and have been lacking the motivation to go. What kind of strength programs are ya'll using to get stronger? I feel like strength is holding me back much more than endurance.

i usually bench press my truck before i go to bed

We did a Hatch cycle for squats. I think everyone in the class I go to PR'd 20-30 lbs.

Phil which box are you using in Florence? If its 157, I can understand why your strength is lacking. They don't program enough of it in and most people don't even do it when it is programmed in.

Try 5x5 squats 2x a week, adding five pounds a week. The same can be done with push press. 5x5 really does work, its simple, no percentages, no frill.

If you are looking for clean/jerk strength or snatch work, it is probably more technique than strength. Heavy clean pulls have worked for me. Getting used to pulling that weight in proper position really seems to help.

Give us some more specifics on what is holding you back and we can go from there.

BUT ALWAYS SQUAT!
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Wendler 5/3/1

That's where I go. I've been doing a squat Program and it seems to be working well. I need more upper body strength with the clean and jerk, snatch, and presses. My arms give out much more quickly than anything else causing me to slow down a lot.

You can't go wrong with 5/3/1, but I have had great success with Juggarnaut Training Systems over the last year. It dovetails in very well with metcon work without all of the dedicated assistance of 5/3/1. I have put together some spreadsheets for JTS that I have shared with members in the past. If you're interested just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcdp View Post
    You can't go wrong with 5/3/1, but I have had great success with Juggarnaut Training Systems over the last year. It dovetails in very well with metcon work without all of the dedicated assistance of 5/3/1. I have put together some spreadsheets for JTS that I have shared with members in the past. If you're interested just let me know.
    Yeah if you don't mind I would be interested. The strength programs my box has laid out doesn't seem to fit my needs or wants. Plus I don't have nearly enough background to program for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Deeez View Post
    Yeah if you don't mind I would be interested. The strength programs my box has laid out doesn't seem to fit my needs or wants. Plus I don't have nearly enough background to program for myself.
    PM me your email and I'll send it to you.