Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brown patch in centipede grass...

Default Brown patch in centipede grass...

How do I fix it?

Dethatch and apply Dixie Mix
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

That area was re sodded last spring and looked great by end of summer. I have not fertilized at all. May be guilty of over watering.... I've already cut it back. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by D's Tees View Post
    That area was re sodded last spring and looked great by end of summer. I have not fertilized at all. May be guilty of over watering.... I've already cut it back. Thanks for any help.

I really have no professional knowledge but maybe put some sand down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst case is cut out and re sod.

Next best case is to fertilize and put some compost 1/4 -1/2 inch over it. You will be surprised what grows back. Don't put down a herbicide though. If you do this you will have to wait 30 days to re sod if it doesn't come back.

Worst part is not knowing what exactly killed it. Good news is, if it was pest they are gone now.

Fungus killed it and over watering into the dormant period helped the fungus. Thatch it and fertilize it......just don't fertilize it in late summer.

Also you can buy some anti fungus stuff. Dayquill or something like that.....if I remember correctly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Go to a place that sells centipede sod late on a Saturday and ask if you can buy some scraps. Most will give it to ya. Use the scraps to plug or sprig, fertilize it correctly and you'll be back in business.
    rip Dakota

Bw and the rest of yall get it------Except you have to have
    patience. Ours got bit by this cold winter that I thank the LORD we had.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

rattle can it

grubs......fact

Fungus as noted above.. If you fertilize and water( water in morning , not evening) It will fill in quick like as the summer days grow longer.
    Genesis 9;2

It sounds like you've had a problem in the past with this particular area. If it's a low spot, it will continue to hold water and you will continue to have a fungal problem. Rake it out, level with sand or topsoil, fertilize, and resod or plug from your existing lawn.
    :FYT:

Give it some time. Different variety of centipede may take longer to green up.

And just a helpful hint about centipede that most people don't realize is that it requires very little nitrogen. Don't fertilize with anything over a 10 value for N. Sure, people get good results with their 16's, etc but they're risking it.

Probably got hit with a late frost and will come back out soon. Everybody seems to scalp cut centipede.

This thread baffles me..... It looks like it was fall activity. Don't fertilize it just yet. It's there because of excessive moisture last fall. It's not active so don't worry about the fungicide. Wait until first week of May and apply 1/4 lb of n. It will heal itself. Also do not apply any fert after July and reduce water in sept.
    Last edited by mudeagle; 04-14-2015 at 04:12 PM.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Thanks for all the input. I haven't done anything yet. I did pick up some fungicide. I started watering about a week or so before that last frost we had. All grass turned dark green and died then this happened. I think I'm going to let it ride. Definitely not going to resod. I probably should have just given it more time to green up before posting.... Thanks guys

Closer look as of today

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quit pissing in the yard.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Closer look as of today

Is it just the picture or is this area in a swale?
    :FYT: